Like Tree12Likes

waiting times

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

While that should be, as I said about where we went this morning - definitely not always the case !

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Do people REALLY stand outside restaurants for 2 hours waiting for a seat????
    No. You leave them your mobile no. and go and carry on about your business in the neighbourhood and they call you when your number has nearly come up and check if you still want the table. They tell you how long it will likely be before a table is free so that you can make an assessment about whether you want to wait that long for a table as opposed to eating somewhere else, not in the expectation that you stand there like a lemon until the table is free.
    dear giant and beefjerky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    No. You leave them your mobile no. and go and carry on about your business in the neighbourhood and they call you when your number has nearly come up and check if you still want the table. They tell you how long it will likely be before a table is free so that you can make an assessment about whether you want to wait that long for a table as opposed to eating somewhere else, not in the expectation that you stand there like a lemon until the table is free.
    I guess all of that might work if you are a local and speak the local lingo. I had enough difficulty to figure out the 1-2 hour wait - they had to ask someone in the queue to translate the question and then the answer! I thought because we arrived at 12 it would not be too bad - in Central most places seem to be OK if you turn up at 12 but not at 12:30 or 1pm.
    dear giant likes this.

Anyway - for next time - does anyone know anywhere OTHER than Maxims or the GC Hotel which does Peking Duck in Tuen Mun? The only place I could find on Openrice was a restaurant in the GC which closed 2 years ago......

What does that even mean, TB?

Raccon: she's not talking about the fast food shop... she's talking about the restaurant....

yes, they do pretty good dim sum.

I wouldn't queue up for any restaurant in town unless it was some reasonably sensible waiting time like 10-15 minutes. The food might be good, but life is too short.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Local for is pretty crap to my thinking. Tried it a dozen times with many locals who said it was good. HK food is not my cup of tea.

dear giant and Obaing2011 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    Raccon: she's not talking about the fast food shop... she's talking about the restaurant....
    OIC. I was wondering if it really could be true that people queue up 2 hours for a CdC or Fairwood type of place.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    What does that even mean, TB?
    I think it means he doesn't know how to make productive use of commuting time.