Like Tree28Likes

In and Out Burger in Hong Kong on Sunday

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

In order for us to recognize each other on this busy occasion i think we should have a special hand signal to identify ourselves to fellow geo-expaters.

I will be the one of the guys dressed in shirt and pants.

The signal will be to take your index and thumb finger into a hole, then sticking your other index finger (in n out) of the hole.

If i give you a confused look just say the secret phrase "I'm looking for some hot beef."

Headline Monday:

Forum Addict Goes Postal

A Gun Fanatic, San Francisco property tycoon and former Geoexpatter known as HongKongFoot shot and killed thirty seven of his former webmates after faking the launch of a popular American burger chain in Hong Kong yesterday before being arrested by local police.

A police source explained that Foot had hatched the plot to ensure his former 'friends' would all be in one place at the same time and had been lurking on the site for several weeks before the shooting.

Just before the shooting, startled onlookers heard Foot say, "I frickin' hate those motherf&*kers", or words to those effect.

Owner of the site, Shri, said in a statement: "Most of them were trolls anyway."....

Satay Sue, PDLM, tonysmive and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aliendavid1:
    In order for us to recognize each other on this busy occasion i think we should have a special hand signal to identify ourselves to fellow geo-expaters.

I will be the one of the guys dressed in shirt and pants.

The signal will be to take your index and thumb finger into a hole, then sticking your other index finger (in n out) of the hole.

If i give you a confused look just say the secret phrase "I'm looking for some hot beef."
    I'll be the skinny Philippine girl in her late twenties called Mary.
    Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by akqjt:

But In-N-Out is a religious experience.

c'mon! I know I'm not the one only thinking it.

Sold Out! They only had 300 burgers and more than that in line.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I'll be the skinny Philippine girl in her late twenties called Mary.
    Aka Hairy Mary

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Sold Out! They only had 300 burgers and more than that in line.
    So the hype building pre launch campaign worked, but I doubt they'll actually launch a store in HK. Many have tried but rent proves to be too much of an obstable. New York Fries seems to be doing well though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

NYFries: must be all the Canadians getting their poutine fix... i know that's why i go there... can't imagine ordering ... plain fries.

The logic of only bringing along a limited number (300) and not having any kind of line / numbered ticket system was beyond me. I arrived an hour early with about 50 people ahead of me (meaning I would have gotten a burger), which ended up swelling to 150 as people's 'friends' arrived.

Did any of you lucky ones (aka queue jumpers) manage to get your hands on one? Can you please at least tell if me if tasted the same?

dear giant likes this.

That's crazy! I didn't make it out of bed in time--hopefully they do open a branch here.