Like Tree30Likes

Jamie, pink slime and McDonalds

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mac Do, Burger King, KFC......

i'm gonna have to say the grilled chicken burger at mcdonalds's is pretty nice! Oh and I like mccafe coffee too. Oh and the sausage and egg mcmuffins make a nice breakfast snack.

OK I'd better stop typing.

wtbhotia and MovingIn07 like this.

When my wife and I were backpacking in Australia we worked in South Australia in a plant that made marmalade......trust me, you don't want to eat marmalade once you know how that's processed!

Later, in Victoria, we worked in a shed processing fruit.....trust me you don't want to eat fruit once you know how it's preserved and you definitely don't want to drink juice once you know how that's produced, yuck!

One of our friends worked on a dairy and you really don't want to eat dairy products once you.......................etc..................... ......etc................................etc...... .................................................. ....................etc........

I use the Indian philosophy, we all are here temporarily and going to die one day, some sooner and some later, and well there HAS to be some reason for our death that a coroner can put on our death certificate, in case of supersize me, it'd be overdose of mcd, and in case of some health freak, body was subjected to too much of physical stress and it just gave in...

dear giant likes this.

Trust me you don't want to go to the mainland once you live in hong Kong......

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    Supersize Me was pretty interesting too. Not sure if I could stomache McD's for every meal for a month
    It was interesting but I think the experiment was a bit flawed, i.e. he went from regular exercising, healthy eating guy to a guy who did no exercise and just ate McD's.

Weren't Jamie Oliver's own branded food products found to have something like 16 times the recommended daily amount of salt a while ago?

This guy is just a publicly machine. The cause may be worthy but Jamie's profits and fame are his primary concern.

dear giant and Watercooler like this.

Gasp-you mean McD actually makes unhealthy food?!! A bit late to come to that realization don't you think?

But, so long as you don't eat there everyday or eat it to the exclusion of more healthier alternatives, an occasional happy meal is not going to kill you...

I confess I do enjoy McD's breakfasts after all, particularly their pancakes, and no, I'm not ashamed of letting people know I have an occasional meal there...
    Last edited by Watercooler; 27-01-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    gmi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gmi:

This guy is just a publicly machine. The cause may be worthy but Jamie's profits and fame are his primary concern.
    Maybe - but there are plenty of people making more money and without a worthy cause.
    Even if it was a quest for fame and fortune you can't argue with some of his results.
    Last edited by justjoe86; 27-01-2012 at 03:24 PM.