Like Tree1Likes

Venue recommendations for a Hen Night in Central

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking Venue recommendations for a Hen Night in Central

Hi,

Looking for some advice. I'm organising a Hen Night for about 30-40 women, we're looking to have a set meal preferably in a bar / restaurant in Central. Can you recommend any venues? If possible it would be great to have a private dining room and am looking to keep the costs low to include a 3 course meal and (hopefully!) a free flow bar for a set number of hours. So far Bourbon on Elgin Street looks quite promising, can anyone recommend any other venues?

Thanks

Define low costs?

Have a look at dining concepts website, they have a whole bunch of restaurants which could fit the bill.

i think the upstairs place in sahara is quite popular for such things

Dublin jacks?

Sent from my Nexus One using GeoClicks Mobile

You must have a different definition of low cost than I ! Our lunches in Bourbon (3 course usually of small size and dubious quality + free flow bar) cost a fortune (well, HKD350 anyway).

Not in Central, but one place we had a baby shower with a friend was the Gold Coast Hotel. They have a Sunday lunch buffet (11am - 3:30pm) with a fantastic selection of food (lots of seafood too if you are into that) and free-flow champagne. It's also about HKD350-400 but you get a 15% discount with an HSBC card. That was fun. Nice views over the marina - plenty of room to give gifts/play silly games etc. A nice "day out for the girls".

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You must have a different definition of low cost than I ! Our lunches in Bourbon (3 course usually of small size and dubious quality + free flow bar) cost a fortune (well, HKD350 anyway).

Not in Central, but one place we had a baby shower with a friend was the Gold Coast Hotel. They have a Sunday lunch buffet (11am - 3:30pm) with a fantastic selection of food (lots of seafood too if you are into that) and free-flow champagne. It's also about HKD350-400 but you get a 15% discount with an HSBC card. That was fun. Nice views over the marina - plenty of room to give gifts/play silly games etc. A nice "day out for the girls".
    is there any thread in which you won't ry and shoe horn the "Gold Coast"

are you on commission?
    jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue88:
    Dublin jacks?

Sent from my Nexus One using GeoClicks Mobile
    DJ in LKF is no more. It may later be moving back to its original Hollywood Rd location but its a shell at the moment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    is there any thread in which you won't ry and shoe horn the "Gold Coast"

are you on commission?
    Is it surprising that the restaurants that I know best are the ones near my home? That Sunday Champagne brunch is a great event - people come from all over HK to do it, for the amount you can drink it's damn good value and the food is better than Bourbon (which is actually one of the only restaurants in Central I DO know, because I have a business function there once a month).

Delany's in Wan Chai have an upstairs room you can get - we've used that for hiking functions. The food is reasonably cheap - but more bar-snacks than a 3 course meal and I think they give you the room for free/cheap if you buy drinks.

$350 a fortune???????? Sheesh Moving

30 to 40 screaming women.

Oh god.

Please go to macau, I beg you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast