Like Tree49Likes

Any good pastrami sandwichs, bagels and donuts in town?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    Local food is incredibly bland (except for sugary sweet char siu) unless you splatter it with chili oil (not native to Canto cuisine but has caught on and is available in most places).Slippery noodles in tasteless dishwater broth. Slippery dumplings with tasteless filling. That one was shrimp. This one was pork. Tasted the same. Yada yada.
    You mis-palated heathen.
    The correct adjectives to use are "delicate" and "subtle"
    dear giant, jimbo and Satay Sue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    The correct adjectives to use are "delicate" and "subtle"
    As in: "The noodles had the delicate flavoring of paper from which they were held together in. When added to the broth, there was a subtle explosion of dishwater."
    dear giant and Rob2020 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    there is dunkin' donuts in thailand.
    There are many in Shenzhen....................

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsun:
    I am fairly new in town, and did a little research, but my coworkers told me that there are no good pastrami sandwichs in HK as well as donuts. Does anybody know where to find? Thank you!
    are you a brooklyn cop?

Name:  dumplings.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  66.1 KB
    dear giant likes this.

As unhealthy and unappetizing as McD's is (I say this as an American who doesn't eat McD's), it still beats Canto cuisine hands down as McD's actually typically has at least a little bit of flavor, even if it's just from the salt and ketchup, so I can see the allure that it holds for locals.
    For f*ck sake, is this even for real???

Don't bother replying DG, I know you argument first hand, we will never agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

Don't bother replying DG, I know you argument first hand, we will never agree.
    Mat - You're stirred up too much by such comments these days!

Opinions. Opinions.

Let 'em be, eh...

(Personally, prefer HC's "delicate"... "subtle" )
    Mat likes this.

I actually also cannot believe dg's comment! Do you seriously believe that or are you having a dull day and thought you might liven things up a bit?

Local food is incredibly bland (except for sugary sweet char siu) unless you splatter it with chili oil (not native to Canto cuisine but has caught on and is available in most places).

Slippery noodles in tasteless dishwater broth. Slippery dumplings with tasteless filling. That one was shrimp. This one was pork. Tasted the same. Yada yada.
    DG you're right on many things but on this occasion you are wrong and wrong. I pity you so much for having such a f*cked up palate and unfortunate experience that I actually considered (briefly) taking you out and showing you what good, proper Canto food is like. Even a humble bowl of noodles can be fabulous when it's done right.
    Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    DG has been doing a bang-up job of getting people's backs up lately. Classic trollish behaviour and he is succeeding.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast