Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Proplus

Hot pot places?

Closed Thread

Hot pot places?

Wondering if there's any recommendations. I'm primarily keen on suggestions for ones that are all you can eat or halal? Have visitors coming in and they are hoping to come try...

Can't help you with All-You-Can-Eat or Halal . . . but I've been to these two places: Top Grade Hot Pot and Budaoweng Hotpot. Neither were as good as anything I've had in Shanghai or Chengdu. If I had to pick one, it's be Top Grade.

I've tried to dine at these two, which are well-rated on OpenRice, but had no reservations and was turned away: Yanyoto Hotpot and Megan's Kitchen.

hi-pot is all-you-can-eat hotopt, has 3 shops around the city, one in causeway bay behind times square. see hi-pot - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

Not all you can eat but vey good nonetheless is the one at the beginning of Macdonnell Road in Coda Plaza.

Budaoweng Hotpot in iSquare has a nice view of the skyline, which can be good for tourists.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I'll make note of them.. So far, Top Grade and Megan's kitchen have been a fav and now just looking to branch out and tick some of those check boxes that my visitors are looking for.

Los Angeles as of right now. When I move to HK, the back alley of some awesome restaurant
    Hong Fu Hot Pot

I love this place. Really fresh food but keep in mind, it can get pricey if you only order seafood like we did.

My friend took me to an all-you-can-eat hotpot place in TST last week. In Chinese it was called 'siu fay yeung', literally meaning small fat sheep. HK$148 per head, there are other dishes you can order per dish, all-you-can-drink menu for $18 per head which includes Pepsi, 7-Up, Chinese herbal tea and I'm sure some type of cheap Chinese beer. My friend would over order on the cans of soft drinks and put a few unopened cans in his rucksack.

mur.su likes this.