Like Tree11Likes

New GERMAN restaurant in the Gold Coast

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New GERMAN restaurant in the Gold Coast

Called Kings Home German Restaurant. At there this lunchtime (actually still there). They had a decent set menu list including goulash and spring chicken - we had the chicken which was nice. Starter was a choice of smoked salmon or soup (we had smoked salmon, lots of salad a smallish amount of smoked salmon). Cost HKD98 inc tea/coffee for the set. The goulash would have been a little cheaper.

Has a pool table up here - no idea if anyone plays and right now the tables are too close to it to be feasible but layout looks like it converts to a bar for the evening.

It's upstairs here - so will probably last a couple of months (they seem to change rather frequently up here, not enough passing trade I think) so try it soon if you feel like a change!

Was there about 3 weeks ago for lunch and it sucked. We were 4 adults and we had to send back our entries and starters. Quality of food was awful and service was poor. My German husband enjoyed his draft beer, that was about it. We won't be going back.

it sounds like an Hungarian-Norwegian fusion restaurant

We ate there a couple of weeks ago in the evening and had a very nice meal. The service and the food were both very good. But, I have no idea what the pool table is for since there were people setting at tables all around it and no one could possible play a game. We didn't even know that the restaurant was there since we rarely go upstairs but happened to see a sign below on the ground floor with the menu. Hopefully it can hang in there, we need some variety out here.

MovingIn07 likes this.

The German restaurant on park island is surprisingly good in case anyone is considering to try that one.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    The German restaurant on park island is surprisingly good in case anyone is considering to try that one.
    I've heard that the food quality varies with property prices though!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile (Ver 2.0.3 RC)
    Flat Hunter likes this.

I've lived in or near Germany the last 8 years, so when we were visiting Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago, I was curious to have a look at the menu. Other than a couple of items, it wasn't German food at all. Maybe that's normal for HK (we only ate at Asian-cuisine restaurants during our holiday, because that kind of food is pretty poor where we live), as the "French" restaurant downstairs didn't have much French stuff on the menu either.

We didn't eat "German", but ate at the outdoor bar kind of place across from it. They had some nice drinks, but we ordered food there and it seemed to come from a kitchen in the direction of the German restaurant and it was horrible.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    I tried it two or three times. Menu is indeed German. Raw materials (meat, chicken, etc) and preparation sub standard. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Beer & beach setting is the only reason for me to head back to them...
    Last edited by 100LL; 28-04-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tantrum:
    I've lived in or near Germany the last 8 years, so when we were visiting Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago, I was curious to have a look at the menu. Other than a couple of items, it wasn't German food at all. Maybe that's normal for HK (we only ate at Asian-cuisine restaurants during our holiday, because that kind of food is pretty poor where we live), as the "French" restaurant downstairs didn't have much French stuff on the menu either.

We didn't eat "German", but ate at the outdoor bar kind of place across from it. They had some nice drinks, but we ordered food there and it seemed to come from a kitchen in the direction of the German restaurant and it was horrible.
    It's owned by the same middle aged, clipper crop/ shaved head, stocky looking, triad guy who owns, Chilli n Spice, Le bristol, S.O.U and one of the Chinese restaurants in the Gold Coast Mall... No surprise really. German food, HK style lol But Moving likes it....
    Last edited by Skyhook; 28-04-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tantrum:

It's pretty rare to get truly authentic food of any kind (except Chinese obviously) here - it just makes a chance to see different items on any menu even if they are not really authentic. Certainly, eating Chinese in Austria two years ago ....YUCK! But I'm sure the locals there liked it

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast