Like Tree79Likes

Worst restaurant in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Worst restaurant in Hong Kong?

I'm looking to go to the worst restaurant in Hong Kong, taste-wise. If the service is terrible, it's a plus, but I'm looking for the worst tasting restaurant out there. Any thoughts?

I have my reasons.

Doesn't taste depend on the individual?

LOL, this should be good! Don't suppose you'd care to share why...?

pandancake likes this.

If you want to go to the worst, you have to tell us what you hate.
    Plenty of people hate those organ-stewing Chinese restaurants that serve lungs, liver, kidneys and other such offal. Some people hate donkey meat. I can recommend one of each if you like :-)

My favorite snake soup restaurant is in Causeway Bay.
    I also know a good Dog and Cat restaurant across the border...meow! Woof!

Last edited by HowardCoombs; 17-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Indeed I was acquainted with a woman in Tokyo who thought throughout her two years in Japan than sushi was the most disgusting thing ever....!

There's no contest. The Tuen Mun Curry House. It's DIRE. Overcooked noodles in curry sauce, among other things. Basically, all "chinese" type dishes, with added curry powder. Everything tasted the same (of curry powder, not even real spice, just that crap curry powder stuff you can get in the supermarket). That gets my vote.

(Mind you, I don't go into anything that seems to be serving strange Chinese food, so I'm very interested in the votes for all of those!).

Bought a sandwich the other day from a takeout counter and it was advertised as "Cheese and Mushroom" - Great ... turned out to be stinky as hell blue cheese and smelt like vomit - had to open the windows in the office so that the rest of the people could breath without throwing up.

I am sure there are others out there who find this not just edible but gourmet worthy.

P.S: I could smell it on my clothes for the rest of the day.

Last edited by shri; 17-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    pandancake likes this.

McD and KFC

bookblogger likes this.

Bo Innovation

pandancake and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    McD and KFC
    I know its fashionable to critise fast food chains like McDonald's, KFC etc. but to clain they are even close to being the worst is ridiculous. They are what they are - a cheap fatty convinience food outlet that shifts on scale, but IMO there is much much worse food out there.

As far as I can tell they deliver exactly what they promise on the whole. Its not like you are promised kobe beefand get somethign else.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast