American Rest. WanChai,. Anyone been?

Closed Thread

American Rest. WanChai,. Anyone been?

Strangely enough the American Restaurant serves Beijing style food. Can anyone offer an opinion of the food? I am keen on some delicious north china food, something i have a difficult time finding in HK.

If it was the one I remember, the peking duck there is good.

I have very fond memories of eating there as a kid: haven't been there since I was about 8, but I have to get over there some time soon!

Tourist trap

It is a tourist trap and for memory freaks.
    Atmosphere is lousy, service is no good and as for the food , you can eat better at many other Beijing restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Strangely enough the American Restaurant serves Beijing style food. Can anyone offer an opinion of the food? I am keen on some delicious north china food, something i have a difficult time finding in HK.

Its loud, over priced, bad service, mediocre food and its full of gweilos that dont know any better.

Its fine to take a bunch of tourists but there are much much better choices if you value your money and tastebuds.

As some have said, not the best for Peking duck and not in the best area of town. If u never tried u can always give it a go but it's just okay la.

We tend to go there in large groups. Food is ok.

Wan Chai lunch club was there a few months back, thru gave us a good set lunch.