Buffet in (or close to) Mongkok?

Closed Thread

Buffet in (or close to) Mongkok?

So I've been living in Mongkok for five days now. There's a lot of good eateries around here, a lot of the surprisingly affordable. But what I haven't found is a buffet. I'm used to eating one really big meal every day (and two smaller ones), and the portions served at the restaurants I've been to are more "normal" (of course) than large. Since I know no-one here and eat by myself, I often feel a bit of a burden, entering these restaurants as the only foreigner and taking up a table by myself (in some places they seat me at the same table as local folks, which is nice, but at others they seem to take it for granted that I want my own place, or that the locals don't like sitting with foreigners, or both). So I don't want to start ordering two dishes for this meal either.

So I was wondering if there are any buffets around, or not to far away. Preferably not too expensive either, and most importantly something which isn't likely to leave me food poisoned. I know all three might be asking for too much, so the most important one is a reputation for being clean.

This is obviously a luxury problem, it's not like I'm dying of hunger (although I have most definitely lost a little weight since arriving, something I don't want to do since I'm a lightweighter already), and it's not like it's impossible to eat out several times a day, spread out the meals a bit more. But I'm a man of habits, and if possible would like not to change my eating regimen too much.

You can try the Langham Place Hotel, they have buffet lunches and dinners. Sorry, wouldn't know of any restaurants in Mong Kok who do buffet, would like to know myself.

The OP is talking about everyday eating. Langham hotel had an amazing buffet but its not cheap everyday food that he seems to be after.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Han-yang Won Korean Restaurant (Buffet dinner Monday to Thursday $148; Fri, Sat and Sun $158)
    2 hour per session limit for buffet during peak hours. Buffet lunch is around $100.
    Han-yang Won Korean Restaurant - Korean BBQ in Mong Kok - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

Stanford Cafe in Soy street:
    Stanford Café - Western Buffet Western Restaurant in Mong Kok - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

Bon appetit!!

buffets in north america (at least) consist of a lot of cheap food.

buffets in hk are expensive and the food is not cheap.... prawns, sushi, smoked salmon etc are regularly on the menu.

korean bbq buffet is great. it's a fair compromise between the two.

as for portions being smaller... order another dish. it's simple really. if your char siu rice isn't big enough, order a side of vegetables or 1/2 chicken. it will be more expensive, but if it means you're not going hungry then might be a lot cheaper than eating buffets. you could also get used to smaller portions and eating fruit after a meal instead.

Sweet! The Korean BBQ place sound like just what I'm looking for.

korean bbq buffets are priced according to the time you start/finish. so there are certain times of the day that are cheaper than others. we go to one near langham hotel.

There's hot pot buffets like Hipot, Gyujin and little sheep - a bit healthier.