Like Tree4Likes

Mexican restaurant

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    chowhound does not have many good things to say about it. Didnt read other links yet.

Sounds like the guy is an ass, and the food is mediocre, but the venue is "rock n roll" which makes it a great mexican joint? Sounds like another trendy place trying to pass off overpriced crap to people who have money to burn and stomachs to churn.

Oh dear...

Kiwi_rice

So we are back to square one again. Well, I'll check in this evening.

chowhound does not have many good things to say about it. Didnt read other links yet.

Sounds like the guy is an ass, and the food is mediocre, but the venue is "rock n roll" which makes it a great mexican joint? Sounds like another trendy place trying to pass off overpriced crap to people who have money to burn and stomachs to churn.
    Chowhounds main gripe was the wine they were first served, that changed once the drinks were changed. I didn't see anything bad about the food.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    Chowhounds main gripe was the wine they were first served, that changed once the drinks were changed. I didn't see anything bad about the food.
    are we reading the same link for chowhound? Im reading the one you posted... and while no one said food was horrendous and there were some gripes with alcohol and service, , they all seemed to say that the food was mediocre at best, like great bar food, but not great restaurant food. For example, almost everyone said the 4 different tacos (venison, fish, chicken, pork) all kind of tasted the same, and had similar texture. In my mind...that spells disaster right there.

So if your goal is to go get drunk, and have some good food. Then it sounds like it fits the bill. But if you are going for some good mexican, it sounds like it falls short.

However, i have not personally eaten there, so I can't vogue for these comments. Just saying the reviews are not great.
    Last edited by BaconBreadBaker; 14-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.

The Chowhound page on Brickhouse is certainly worth reading! The place sounds like a zoo after 7 - and since someone compared it with Yardbird (one of the most over-rated restaurants I have ever been to)I think we'll probably give it a miss. The photos on Sassy seemed to resemble the view that Mr SS has of Mexican food too.

Kiwi_rice

Oh yes, the comments are quite something. The taco comment is spot on. I'm kinda focus on the food then the drinks but back-alley joint overrun by 20 something isn't really right for me.

Go to Caremba. It's the best HK has to offer, despite it being more tex-mex

Someone mentioned a place in Sai Yin Pun the other day, but sadly can't recall the name. It's on Second Street apparently and nothing fancy but the food is decent and a lot cheaper than hanging out in central.

I can't vogue for these comments.
    Oh go on, I'd love to see your dance.
    BaconBreadBaker likes this.

Check out Agave Tequila Y Comida in Wan Chai. Not bad at all. Only had it for lunch mind you.