Like Tree4Likes

Mexican restaurant

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Taco chaca or something like that on Eastern

Agave and Coyote are almost identical imo

Kiwi_rice

Just came back. The most overpriced, crappy corn chips, loud yuppy music (yes, I'm a 20 something but still), food was just meh and waiter that doesn't understand basic english. I'm too old for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_rice:
    Just came back. The most overpriced, crappy corn chips, loud yuppy music (yes, I'm a 20 something but still), food was just meh and waiter that doesn't understand basic english. I'm too old for this.
    What a shame. Mexico might be a better bet than HK for that authentic food experience.
    Bit hard to find but it's just south of the US. Good luck.

I almost ended up at Brickhouse with a bunch of girlfriends last week - so glad that I didn't after reading kiwi rice's post! So has anyone checked out Socialito yet?

After giving it a couple of tries, TacoChaca comes up really short. It's not quite as good as the Mr. Taco Truck in Quarry Bay, but about the same as the Mr. Taco Truck in Central. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but none of it is really up to snuff. It's like people here are afraid to use salt or something. And where in the hell are all the limes? I've had the real thing, at my wife's house in California. Her mother cooked Chicken Mole with Spanish Rice and Refried Beans. Best Mexican food I've ever had. And I'm sorry but there's no way I'm going to pay whatever Brickhouse charges for Chile Rellenos. What a travesty that place is. I agree with whoever said they would live at Chipotle.

food was just meh and waiter that doesn't understand basic english. I'm too old for this.
    Because the waiters only speak mexicano.

i think you were unlucky. we went there - the cheese on corn things were excellent! plate of taco's and the tuna tostado - YUM! had a NZ wine - 10 rocks marlborough - was extremely good too!

and the waiter was american it seemed.. I'm going back!

Quote Originally Posted by BaconBreadBaker:
    Go to Caremba. It's the best HK has to offer, despite it being more tex-mex
    Caramba is pretty decent, but more of a Southern California style than Tex-mex. Never been disappointed there.

My personal choice is Agave, but goddamn, we've voted it one of the most expensive restaurants to get a "fix" at. The portions and quality are great, though.

Ill have to try BrickHouse, but from the reviews it seems like it'll be quite expensive for more of a "tasting-experience" than a satisfying meal.

I always go to Taco Loco at Soho! It's inexpensive and it's a come and go place