Like Tree11Likes

recommendation for breakfast

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Odd, first time I've heard anything bad about the Flying Pan. Has it gone downhill recently?

Flying Pan has been the same since it first opened. Its an upmarket greasy spoon that serves a decent bfast for those who like the type of bfast they serve.

Its been around for many years now and as can be seen from countless reviews, there are many who love the place and a handful that absolutely hate it:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...Hong_Kong.html

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    HK milk tea!!!! Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Have to be the worst drink ever.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Love Milk tea.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    chris_yang22 likes this.

I appreciate the fact that The Flying Pan is 24 hr,. no complaints there; but the breakfast is very average. Some of the pubs in Wanchai and Mid Levels do a far better effort. Plus they have this annoying set menu-must have a side dish business.

On a more local note how about Australian Dairy Co. in Jordan? Unique in the way they shout at you and throw plates about the place! (seriously, I like the food there though and the atmosphere)

climber07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatelvis:
    I appreciate the fact that The Flying Pan is 24 hr,. no complaints there; but the breakfast is very average. Some of the pubs in Wanchai and Mid Levels do a far better effort. Plus they have this annoying set menu-must have a side dish business.

On a more local note how about Australian Dairy Co. in Jordan? Unique in the way they shout at you and throw plates about the place! (seriously, I like the food there though and the atmosphere)
    Is the Aust dairy co place like Hokkaido milk tea in wanchai near wanchai gap road?

I think the flying pan breakfast is expensive given the quality...cafe o is better I think. Agree on the side dish business...encourages over eating.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using GeoClicks Mobile

Yes that's the one. Forgot about Cafe O, probably the best of the lot. Shame they don't venture over the other side..

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Odd, first time I've heard anything bad about the Flying Pan. Has it gone downhill recently?
    Put it this way

I never go there sober
    virago and climber07 like this.

the flying pan is ok for around $60-$70 for the price but the coffee is expensive. $30 for cheap coffee but at least you get a good refill. then you add 10% for service and one bf comes out at $110 or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Nonsense I love milk tea, though I admit the condensed milk could be replaced with normal fresh milk.
    I prefer my tea-bagging another way..................

I think they should replace the condensed milk with fresh milk and replace the liptons tea bag with real coffee then you have a real drink.

Oh ye philistine virago!!! I love milk teas, my morning teas are legendary...trust me...

Flying pan is great, I have replaced Ebneezer with FP every time I go for an all nighter...great toast, great eggs, and quantity is good too...and coffee!! well I don't really need shot of caffeine at 4 am in the morning, do I?