Shanghai Min 1 Peking

Closed Thread

Cool Shanghai Min 1 Peking

I have visitors arriving this week and wanted to take them somewhere special, with a view for dinner. Would appreciate feedback on Shanghai Min, 10th Fl, 1 Peking, TST.
    Any comments on service, food, price and view ??
    Can I request a table overlooking the harbour?

In the same building is the bar restaurant on 28th floor I think. Cant remember the name sorry for but someone here will know what I mean. It's Japanese.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

http://www.onepeking.com.hk/en/dinning.php

Hutong

I think most / all restaurants in that building are over priced. Basically you are paying for the view / rent. Food is nothing special. See http://www.openrice.com/english/rest...m?shopid=39101

The Japanase (aqua tokyo) is on 29/F. Never been there but went to Hutong once and thought it was pretty good but then I didn't pay the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    The Japanase (aqua tokyo) is on 29/F. Never been there but went to Hutong once and thought it was pretty good but then I didn't pay the bill.
    Yes, that is it Aqua.

Been there for drinks and also dinner and it's good. Pricey but great view.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if you can book a harbour view table? Also has anyone actually dined at Shanghai Min, whats the food like? I think the above comments may refer to Hutong/Aqua Tokyo

Shanghai Min for sure. We have been there several times and taken visiting friends there too. Lovely restaurant, great service and delicious authentic Chinese food. Aqua and Hutong is over priced and food is not that great. I would recommend do pre-dinner drinks at Aqua bar, then go to Shanghai Min for dinner. Yes, they have several tables with harbour view, book early and request a good table. Enjoy!