Like Tree7Likes

Pizza Napoletana. (The nice one)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seano76:
    Liberty Exchange has a new wood fired oven I believe, can't say I've tried it. I've heard good reviews of Pizza Publico off the escalators between Hollywood Road and Staunton Street, wasn't a massive fan myself but then I'm not much of a foodie so it may have been too sophisticated for my sense of taste. I like Paisano's myself although I appreciate plenty of people don't, it's pretty mass market. 208 Hollywood Road has decent ones as well I've been told, I had a calzone there which was pretty decent.
    My husband and I tried Pizza Pubblico and were not impressed either after giving it a second time. Thought it was/ is very overpriced for the quality.

If you don't mind traipsing out off the island, try the pizzas at The Gallery in Tong Fuk, which are some of the best we've tried so far. Another Lantau worthy of trying are the pizzas at Lantana, Lower Cheung Sha beach. On Island side, my husband likes the La Gondola pizzas in Mee Lun str. There is also an outlet in TST.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I had to go to Paisano's for lunch after reading this topic.

The build your own slices are generally really good as they are obviously fresh as opposed to the menu listed pizzas which sit in the display cabinet for what can be long periods of time.
    I looked at Paisano's and thought it was pretty bad looking. Way too thick. Just eating carbs but I did buy a slice or two and it was OK. Not real pizza though as it needs to be super thin like in Naples.

Peak Cafe in Soho has a wood fired oven if i am not wrong. Their Pizza is also good.

lantau - ( lantana? ) next to steops is the best pizza ever... thin and crispy I have had no pizza like this ever in HK -----> the OP is new to town- get your ass out there on a sunday - you wont regret it anyways for the experience and look see ---------> cheung sha lower beach lantau

Natfixit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    lantau - ( lantana? ) next to steops is the best pizza ever... thin and crispy I have had no pizza like this ever in HK -----> the OP is new to town- get your ass out there on a sunday - you wont regret it anyways for the experience and look see ---------> cheung sha lower beach lantau
    why would anybody in their right mind go to lantau for pizza??????

I bet real wood fired ovens are not even legal in Hong Kong restaurants.

If you search "pizza" on this site you will see that pizza has been discussed at length many times!

OP. Look out for a guy called Brooklyn Expat. You two will get along like a wooden house on fire

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    why would anybody in their right mind go to lantau for pizza??????
    2 birds one stone ----> they not in HK long an want good pizza.. they could do with a look around to see rthe sights.
    an its dam fine pizza sat on a beach! an its dam fine pizza sat on a beach! thats worth sayin twice eh?

I have been on the websites of most of the suggested places, and all the images I can find are not what I would call proper pizza. Pizza comes from Naples.
    New york style pizza joints to a certain extent can be decent enough, slices pizza in causeway bay/ happy valley at least attempt to replicate a proper one, making one that is at least not completely tasteless, biscuity, or rubbery.
    Some of the other places are simply not to my taste.
    I have privately been suggested by both a northern Italian and Sardinian I met here to try Giando off central, but once again that is not the type of pizza I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    If you search "pizza" on this site you will see that pizza has been discussed at length many times!
    Satay I read every single pizza related post on geoexpat before posting this. They all talk about American pizza.
    What I am asking is something completely different to what anybody has asked before.
    Tom007 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast