Like Tree2Likes

Places to eat near airport to meet friends during layover

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Serious warnings. 1 do not travel around Lantau on weekends. No 2, do not eat at Novotel, never ever.

What I would do is take a blue taxi from da airport to Changsha beach and hit one of the 3 something restaurants, not necessarily the one that starts with an S.

There is a Thai, free showers at the beach and a long stretch to walk. Ideal for regeneration during stopovers.

A35 brings you back to da airport but check schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    How long would it take door to door? Or baggage claim to Buddha?
    I'm guessing around 2h or so. But as someone else pointed out, if this is a weekend, the queues will be big and not worth the hassle.

Taxi would be the way to go and that would take around 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Maracas Bay:
    Was just about to say the same thing! The Thai restaurant at the Nine Eagles golf course is right next to the airport, and they have a shuttle bus.
    I also vouch for the Thai restaurant at nine eagles. I was there after playing a round if golf just October past. It was approx $160HKD per head for a 2 course set menu. I tried their Thai curry and it was really nice, just as good as anywhere in town.

The shuttle bus is not that easy to find. If you know where the pedestrain bridge between the airport and the golf course is then it's only about 10 mins walk from there.

If you decide to go there, you will definitely not be rushed for time, you even have time for nine holes!

And Taxis that are allowed to drive on Lantau are a scarce ressource