Restaurant with private room

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Restaurant with private room

Hi guys,

I'm planning a birthday party for a friend (end of may) and i'm looking for a good restaurant with a private room that can accomodate 10 persons. Preferably in HK Island. I would rather prefer all inclusive so it is easier. Budget is around 400/500 HKD per person.

any suggestions welcome

Any particular type of cuisine you have in mind?

Also most of the larger restaurants particular the Chinese/Korean/Japanese ones etc will have private rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Any particular type of cuisine you have in mind?

Also most of the larger restaurants particular the Chinese/Korean/Japanese ones etc will have private rooms.
    Hi Jimbo!

Well, Chinese and Japanese are fine to me.

Do you want alcohol in your $4-500/head or is that just food?

Sahara is good but not chinese food a friend had bday their and had a blast

My Recommendations are

Fook Lam Moon

Johnston Road, Wanchai, tel 28660663

Top end of your budget but these guys are one of the best in town.

You mentioned preferably HK island but there the Toh Lee but thats in TST, very highly recommended they're in the Hotel Nikko in tst east.

Any of the ones in the hotels in pacific place should be fine too.

Inagiku for Japanese, Top end of your budget though. They're in IFC4

My knowledge of the Japanese side isn't the best as I rarely go so I'm sure one of the others will step in.

Your not going to get Fook Lam Moon for 4 - 500 dollars a head.
    I have eaten they many times and for me its the highest quality Shanghai style food. Maybe the most expensive place in Hong Kong for Chinese food.

Last time there ( I am friends with the owners family ) I remember looking at a set dinner for 6 being 10K. The first time there I was GoH at a welcome to HK dinner. 12 people 50k - I jest not !!

I am sure it can be a lot cheaper. We always have Chateau bottled reds and Dom as the " ladies " drink.

cool i will check those places out! thank you Jimbo and Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Your not going to get Fook Lam Moon for 4 - 500 dollars a head.
    I have eaten they many times and for me its the highest quality Shanghai style food. Maybe the most expensive place in Hong Kong for Chinese food.

Last time there ( I am friends with the owners family ) I remember looking at a set dinner for 6 being 10K. The first time there I was GoH at a welcome to HK dinner. 12 people 50k - I jest not !!

I am sure it can be a lot cheaper. We always have Chateau bottled reds and Dom as the " ladies " drink.
    Not everybody has expensive tastes like yourself!
    Personally I'm sick of Abalone, Lobster and steamed sea bass, used to eat it all the time at home and for family gatherings etc thus would not go out to a restaurant and order it unless I'm trying to impress somebody.

Having checked reviews etc and been there in the past the average price per head is indeed $500 or so, Just within budget.
    Last edited by jimbo; 22-03-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: addendum

I have expensive tastes when I'm not paying !!

To be honest I think if you go to any restaurant you would want to try the signature dishes and " have a feast ". I can't see thats possible at F L M. May be a few dishes but maybe the OP should aim a little lower for a more " filling " experience !

For myself, the dinners do indeed revolve around some of the usual suspects, but its really not my thing. The other dinner partners, mostly being Shanghai clan treat the 75 Pomerol like Hieneken. For myself I take a couple of bottles into safe custody and a great, deep and meaningful conversation during the evening.

My wife does enjoy the Dom but I just find it OK as a starter and to freshen my mouth after desert, before they get the Armagnac out - which, even when its over 50 yrs old they treat like Maotai.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast