Nice restaurant for couples

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice restaurant for couples

Hey guys,

Ill be in HK again for a weekend and it will be with my girlfriend. We will be there during one of our anniversaries and I was thinking of taking her to a nice romantic famous restaurant in HK. Can anyone give me a suggestion? Looking to spend around 1000hkd for two people including drinks.

Somewhere nice and romantic that is somewhat famous and has a good view. Any suggestions would be great. Also a location and how to get there from Wan Chai would be best. Thanks alot

No view, but Dragon-I is the famous spot.

The Bay on Lamma Island THE BAY

Saffron Cruises see if they have any special monthly events in the past they did a great jazz cruise and some other stuff wing sing: Saffron Cruises Junk Hire and Chartered Boat Hire Hong Kong

There is always dinner at one of the many private kitchens in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nghia:
    No view, but Dragon-I is the famous spot.
    Where is Dragon-I located? Any other suggestions? Websites would be great ^_^

Dragon-I's website is located here >> :: W e l c o m e ::
    Not sure if your budget will handle Dragon-I though, especially if you plan on drinking anything more than water.

Probably the best value restaurant - cafe in Hong Kong (imho), is the unpretentious Australian owned CAFE DECO on the PEAK Cafe Deco Group.With one of the most famous views of Hong Kong's harbour city skyline enjoyed from its terrace and its large floor to ceiling restaurant windows, its sure to give you the best impression that your budget requirement satisfy's.... Its also a bit of fun using the peak tram to get up and down from this location, makes it a bit of fun, over the rote norm.

Some photo's of what you can expect.

Name:  6_CD_Sunday_Brunch.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  558.8 KB

Name:  4_CD_Double_Decks.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  493.4 KB

You can't really go wrong with this one, and its always consistently good, providing HK skies are not smoggy, you'll get a good meal, great atmosphere and stunning views.
    Name:  76_Cafe_Deco.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  451.7 KB

Let us all know what you end up doing, and if our advice met your expectations.

Cheers

PS Menu's below.

Lunch
    http://www.cafedecogroup.com/index.p...=66&showHTML=0

Dinner
    http://www.cafedecogroup.com/index.p...525&showHTML=0

Desserts
    http://www.cafedecogroup.com/index.p...661&showHTML=0
    Last edited by Skyhook; 29-03-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Cafe Deco is the go.

Consider Hutong or other Aqua Group resturants
    aqua restaurant group - hong kong dining

Sorry to bump an older thread. I will be arriving in HK in less than a week. Are there any other restaurants say around Central/Wanchai/Causeway Bay area? Or even TST?

Thanks all

BryanL - In the areas you mentioned, you'd have thousands of choices. General opinions might be rather subjective ...

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    Sorry to bump an older thread. I will be arriving in HK in less than a week. Are there any other restaurants say around Central/Wanchai/Causeway Bay area? Or even TST?

Thanks all
    The two I recommended previously by Aqua group are in TST.

There is also Swiss Chalet 12-14 Hart Ave TST, Kowloon tel:2191 9197 No views but good food especially fondue.

Branto on Lock Road in TST (Veg. Indian food) Good Value

Sedique Mess in ChuangKing Mansions Blk A 6/F (Indian food veg and non veg)

Pure India Hankow Road in TST (Indian food veg and non veg)

California Pizza Kitchen in TST at Ocean Terminal is good value especially of you can get a window seat over looking the harbour.

There is Golden Bull (Vietnamese food) and Habitu and Quarterdeck all resturants in Ocean Terminal in TST.

Nomad's on Kimberly Rd in TST .... Mongolian BBQ good lunch set value.

Also the InterContential Hotel in TST has a good resturant as well.

Afternoon tea at the Peninsula Hotel is good value considering the price and the local.

Another interesting lunch and afternoon tea place in Central is China Tee Club on Pedder right above Shanghai Tang China Tee Club

In Central there is M at the Fringe there is a neat and relaxing roof top there for drinks too.
    Last edited by Alby; 14-04-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:

Thanks all
    Yep, there are literally 1000's of restaurants in the area's you've nominated, making it a bit difficult to narrow it down without further info.

• Please name the cuisines you do/dont want to eat ?
    • Nominate if a scenic view is important from where you'll be seated, or if its not.
    • Explain to us what key components to your dining experience that are the most important to you, putting budget aside for a moment, what style of restaurant are you most after?.

I honestly thought you were after a casually romantic restaurant, that had a view to impress, adding to the memorable dining expereince, matched with enjoyable food, a couple of glasses of house wine each included , and all within your meagre budget.

Not easy making a recomendation when we really don't know what it is you're after exactly.

Be a little specific mate, I know you can do it .
    Last edited by Skyhook; 14-04-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast