Like Tree4Likes

Sam Tseng roast goose

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I live in Sham Tseng and have roast goose quite frequently. Basically there are 3 places to go where Yue Kee is usually the most popular and my personal favorite. They have so many good dishes apart from the roasted goose. Book in advance and never be late for your booking - at least during weekends. Chan Kee is also very popular and serve a juicier (fatter) roast goose

Last edited by pepe77; 26-04-2013 at 10:23 PM.

How does it compare to the goose shop in Mongkok

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Do you have a street name, I'll try to find it then.

Maybe I'll ask around when I get there.
    Here it is... Nang Kee, not Lung Kee.
    http://www.openrice.com/english/rest...tm?shopid=2417

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    How does it compare to the goose shop in Mongkok

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks mobile app
    Never tried it, so don't know, but people of HK have been going about it for decades.

Roast goose from Sham Tseng
    Lo Por (wife) cakes from Yuen Long

Thanks for that link, I'll bookmark it.

Looks like there's no direct bus.
    ? The 962B goes directly there from Admiralty (running along Connaught Road and picking up from there). That is by FAR the easiest way to get there from the Island.

For the more adventurous, the red minibus goes from Causeway Bay (sometimes running through Wan Chai but this is not reliable). Go out of the back entrance of Sogo and turn left and walk for about 150m. It's labelled Yuen Long. Get off when half the bus gets off after about 30 minutes.

If you go to Tsuen Wan, there is a minibus (96M) from the bus station on the other side of the road from the station.
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 27-04-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Yue Kee is the locals choice, personally I don't know what the fuss is about.
    Probably because I don't particular like fatty food and all the roast goose I've tried is very fat?

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    Yue Kee is the locals choice, personally I don't know what the fuss is about.
    Probably because I don't particular like fatty food and all the roast goose I've tried is very fat?
    My understanding is that the local definition of "good" goose is maximum fat!
    reprazent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    ? The 962B goes directly there from Admiralty (running along Connaught Road and picking up from there). That is by FAR the easiest way to get there from the Island.

For the more adventurous, the red minibus goes from Causeway Bay (sometimes running through Wan Chai but this is not reliable). Go out of the back entrance of Sogo and turn left and walk for about 150m. It's labelled Yuen Long. Get off when half the bus gets off after about 30 minutes.

If you go to Tsuen Wan, there is a minibus (96M) from the bus station on the other side of the road from the station.

Now, if I lived in Admiralty or near Elements, then its a direct bus. But considering I live in TST (as mentioned), there are no direct buses from TST to Sham Tseng.

And no, its not about maximum fat on the goose. If you extrapolate from all the posts you'll find:

- locals prefer Yue Kee
    - Chan Kee does the fattier goose

Now, if I lived in Admiralty or near Elements, then its a direct bus. But considering I live in TST (as mentioned), there are no direct buses from TST to Sham Tseng.

And no, its not about maximum fat on the goose. If you extrapolate from all the posts you'll find:

- locals prefer Yue Kee
    - Chan Kee does the fattier goose
    Go to 77 parkes st in Jordan and take red minibus to yuen long. It take less than half hour to Sham Tseng
    MovingIn07 likes this.