Vintage Wine

Closed Thread

Vintage Wine

I have heard there is a place in Hong Kong where you can buy wine/ port from the year of your birth. Does anyone where this is?

Hard to tell. There are so many "fine wine" distributors in HK. Depends on the country, grape variety and vintage year. You don't offer any other info to help towards. As an example, I used to manage a wine shop in Australia and people would come in and ask for a bottle of Penfolds Grange for a certain year to put down as their child was born in that year. OP, do you have a vintner or label in mind?

Check out Rare and Fine Wines HK. Also, I avoid just walking into a wine store, such as Watsons et al and ask ( seriously, the staff are there to sell but their knowledge is not the most extensive or informative, with all due respect.) . Janice Robinson is on twitter. Contact Michael Broadbent at Decanter.co.uk. Do you want a bottle from the US, Australia, France, Chile, Spain.....?

Also, research the vintage for your birth year as the quality of the harvest and bottling, fermentation etc varies from country to country. Contact the winery directly via phone or email to see if they have a bottle of what you are looking for and how they would describe that vintage year.

Last edited by Natfixit; 01-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks Nat. Found the shop in Li Yuen Street East. It is Grand Vintage ... and is ridiculously expensive!!

Like just about every other wine shop in HK. Expensive. Best if you contact the vintner directly to inquire about suppliers in HK what what you are looking for. It will save you the footwork and money. thank goodness for google.