Like Tree16Likes

McDonald's Hong Kong/China. Questions and observations.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yi-Long:

That's OK, but in Hong Kong we pretty much eat outside 3-4 times a day, and sometimes you just need a burger and fries, when you're not used to chinese food. Also, in some places it's a bit difficult for someone who hardly speaks cantonese, to go into a HK restaurant and look at a card with only chinese signs on it, and people working there not having a clue what you're asking them...

Where so you live/work/hang out?

Mayve we can suggest better alternative than Mac Do. If you are interested of course.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yi-Long:
    Oh, obviously I prefer traditional 'Vlaamse Friet', but that's not really possible when it comes to fast food chains.
    Very true. I am ok with the McD fries as alternative, too, but haven't been there for a while, will pay attention to the fries when I go next time.

I haven't found any place yet where you can get fries that comes close to Vlaamse Friet.
    Last edited by Raccon; 09-05-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasroad:
    1 very good reason I moved to Hong Kong from the USA was to enjoy better quality food, and processed American fast food is NOT one of them

Do you really think the "quality" of food here is better than in US? Hong Kong has a lot going for it, but fresh, quality food is not one of them. Most things have to be imported.....

I'm the exact opposite...I don't miss much from the US, but I do miss the fresh fruits and vegetables and the quality dairy and meats.

If people haven't already worked out companies change their product to suit local tastes.

Sent from somewhere....

Ok, so I did a human trial and had McD last night. Fries tasted as usual to me, not super-crispy but not mushy either.

Local Mcd is also changing its menu to meet the Chinese taste buds with rice and soups. I live in Discovery Bay and I hope McD folds up and goes away since too many western kids mess it up on Friday nights.

Local Mcd is also changing its menu to meet the Chinese taste buds with rice and soups. I live in Discovery Bay and I hope McD folds up and goes away since too many western kids mess it up on Friday nights.
    Blame the parents not Mcdonalds for that.

if western kids bother you...you picked the wrong place to live...try just about anywhere else

of course you could live where I live...where there are no western kids..but you can never get a seat at the McDonalds because the old ladies camp out there for hours on end...(without eating or drinking anything )
    Last edited by closedcasket; 13-05-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Local Mcd is also changing its menu to meet the Chinese taste buds with rice and soups. [...]
    And corn. Lot's of corn.

burger kind fries FTW!