Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyhook

TST Restaurants

Closed Thread

TST Restaurants

Moving here permanently in 6 weeks currently on business for 1 week - What nice places reasonably priced to sit down and have dinner.

Around $200-300 HKD per person.

Thanks

If it's busy, it's probably alright.

Koh-I-Noor is nice, have been there many times. Grotty entrance, good food.

http://www.openrice.com/english/rest...tm?shopid=1712

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

As you see Marshy, openrice.com will be your best friend. Better download the app now!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    As you see Marshy, openrice.com will be your best friend. Better download the app now!
    Well, I personally don't give a damn about the review in there coz heard many stories about censorship by the site on negative comments on advertising restaurants. I simply using it as a yellowpage.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    Well, I personally don't give a damn about the review in there coz heard many stories about censorship by the site on negative comments on advertising restaurants. I simply using it as a yellowpage.
    Well quite. But it has the addresses, phone nos. and maps in one place - plus you have the information on the go. Been sat in the back of a taxi checking out the address of a restaurant on the Openrice app many, many times.

Quote Originally Posted by marshy104:
    Moving here permanently in 6 weeks currently on business for 1 week - What nice places reasonably priced to sit down and have dinner.

Around $200-300 HKD per person.

Thanks
    If you aren't heavy drinkers and a little more flexible with your budget, Jimmy's Kitchen located at 29 Ashley road TST is a long standing favourite of ours. Always found it consistent, the food is excellent, food portions are satisfying and the service from the staff is like back home. ie attentive.

You cant go wrong with Jimmy's, imho. http://www.jimmys.com/index.html
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Well quite. But it has the addresses, phone nos. and maps in one place - plus you have the information on the go. Been sat in the back of a taxi checking out the address of a restaurant on the Openrice app many, many times.
    I used to do that too but these days I'm finding FourSquare app more useful...

I use foursquare to also create a to do list to track down all the suggestions so it helps me remember and locate places that I want to try. Using it to find your bearings is great too