Like Tree20Likes

Carlsberg

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    What a shock, the person who fetches the drinks weighs half that of the one who sits around and consumes them??

Maybe if you got up off the couch, and fetched the beer yourself, you wouldn't weigh twice as much as your helper..thus reducing your carbon footprint ....
    cc, you're always so quick to judge!!

jayinhk only weighs 80kg......his hekper is so emaciated because she's not allowed to eat any protein.......sheesh......judge, judge, judge....
    jayinhongkong likes this.

I do usually buy my own beer, but since she was getting my noodles, I had her pick me up a beer. She ended up getting me a San Mig instead. I was very busy wasting time on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    cc, you're always so quick to judge!!

jayinhk only weighs 80kg......his hekper is so emaciated because she's not allowed to eat any protein.......sheesh......judge, judge, judge....

apparently you missed the smiley face.....=joking

I'll check with you later for a full list of emoticon rules cc :what::what:

Sent from my GT-S6102 using GeoClicks mobile app

I had about 12 pints of Carlsberg last night. Tasted fine to me. All in the name of research, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    apparently you missed the smiley face.....=joking
    BTW CC, I know you were joking...me too....

Think Carlsberg did a great PR job especially in HK years ago, also in term of soccer marketing, its perhaps one of their backbones and yes they keep going and going and not becoming lazy and complacent. So full credit to the guys in charge :-) IMHO

Char Siu King likes this.

I refused to drink Carlsberg in the UK, although as a last resort I would take Carlsberg Export which was slightly more refined crap.

Here I used to drink Erdinger - until I checked out the calories. Wheat beers punch above their class in the ways to get fat in Hong Kong.

So I have become more civilised and drink G & Ts while I am out, and lately it is Stella at home. Although I would never have drunk that in the UK either.

You could also go to The Globe and see what they have on tap. If you want to get over the weird bottled beer stigma there are a tonne of great beers around HK from all of the new importers (Hop Leaf, American Imports, The Beer Bay, Belgian Beers, Beer Hound, The Bottle Shop).

Hong Kong Brew House in LKF has their own decent locally brewed beer on tap, Carlsberg is a refreshing change from all the domestic beers on tap in the US - all of which give you a headache after 1 pint.

Have to say my favorite beers on tap in US were Magic Hat #9 (from Vermont - if you could find it on tap) and then Yuengling lager (Pennsylvania).

Have been to a few beer festivals in the US, its amazing what flavors the craft brewers come up with and learning about the history of the different types. IPA has really cool history, they should teach that in school as history subject!!

Did a tour of a craft brewery in South Carolina (New South Brewing Company), you really appreciate the time and effort these guys put into creating a new beer.

In the UK one of the locals we used to frequent close to College had Oranjeboom on tap, South African I think but really tasty. Never really enjoyed drinking beers in UK (other than Oranjeboom), always ended up with spirits/wines or alchopop's.

Recently did a tour of oldest brewery in UK that is still using shire horses (Wadworth Brewery) to deliver the beer, their beers were decent and they had a special brew for the royal wedding which was also good although I do enjoy my beers really really cold now which is not the British way.

As for me, I will continue with Carlsberg or Tsing Tao here in HK which is also decent when served ice cold.