Like Tree1Likes

Giveaway: Hong Kong Food Expo (15 - 19 August) Tickets

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking Giveaway: Hong Kong Food Expo (15 - 19 August) Tickets

Eat global, stay local at the annual Hong Kong Food Expo.

This year the event will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai from August 15th to August 19th 2013.

This annual event is a foodies’ dream with over 1,100 exhibitors from several countries including Brunei, Mexico and Iran. If you have been watching any local TV lately, you’ll also get a chance to experience many of the cuisines you saw on “A Bite of China”, as several new exhibitors from Hubei, Hunan, Jilin, and Shandong province will be representing this year.

Besides having a chance to taste delectable eats at the Public Hall, there will also be something for the food connoisseur at the Gourmet Zone which will feature luxury food items under 4 themes - Western Delicacy, Asian Cuisine, Sweet Delight, and Chic & More.

Entertainment programs include performances from local artists, competitions for valuable giveaways and cooking demonstrations from gourmet chefs like Jordi Alcaraz, executive chef of QUEMO Hong Kong in the Gourmet Zone Star Kitchen (Hall 3E).

We have 12 pairs of complimentary tickets up for grabs. The tickets allow access to both the Public Hall and Gourmet Zone.

To get your tickets, share with us what is your favourite local cha chan teng or dai pai dong and its location by replying to this thread.

Names will be selected randomly and tickets will be mailed to you on the 14th of August (Wednesday).

More information on the fair can be found here.

Giveaway Rules:
    -This Giveaway is for Entertainment purposes only.
    -Entries accepted from GeoExpat.Com Hong Kong members only.
    -Only one entry per member.

I exhibited at this show 2 years back. It's Mad! So busy and the crowds are huge BUT there are amazing buys and good discounts.

I have no idea what either Cha Chan Teng or Dai Pai Dong are but i would like to be entered into the draw anyway.

Thank you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I have no idea what either Cha Chan Teng or Dai Pai Dong are but i would like to be entered into the draw anyway.

Thank you please.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cha_chaan_teng

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dai_pai_dong

Yea i looked at those.

They generally don't accommodate my inability to speak Cantonese so ive never been in one.

Last edited by Trebor; 13-08-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Cheung Fat
    1 Yiu Tung St
    Sham Shui Po

Open late la!

For the fun of it:
    Mr Wong (Le Kung (乐康))
    22 Kwong Wa Street, Mong Kok

50$: all you can eat AND drink

Ooooh I love Cafe Matchbox in CWB!!!

Loaf On, Market Street Sai Kung

Our favourite was Ngau Kee at the start of Gough Street. Sadly they had to close shop due to rising rents. Such a shame! We miss their yummy minced patties and squid!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast