Like Tree9Likes

"Best Kept Secret" $100 Restaurant?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"Best Kept Secret" $100 Restaurant?

Following Michael's journey out to Tai Po, to sample Hong Kong's best bull penis (exploded in his mouth and all that aside...), I figured we should poll the crowds to see where we should send him next.

Irrespective of where the product comes from - above or below the waist, what do you consider Hong Kong's best kept secret "$100 restaurant" (no more than $100 per person)?

Let us know where we should send him next...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Following Michael's journey out to Tai Po, to sample Hong Kong's best bull penis (exploded in his mouth and all that aside...), I figured we should poll the crowds to see where we should send him next.

Irrespective of where the product comes from - above or below the waist, what do you consider Hong Kong's best kept secret "$100 restaurant" (no more than $100 per person)?

Let us know where we should send him next...
    Are we talking $100HKD? ;-) Because I know plenty! But they're no secret!
    Last edited by INXS; 14-08-2013 at 09:48 AM.

HKD100. I'm sure you know a few that us southsiders would fear to go to, but would end up returning to, with more southsiders in tow.

hmmmmm.....HK$100 can be a lot, I've had seafood in Cheung Chau for less than that.

The biggest problem I have is remembering the Chinese names to these places, which is why I try to check in with Facebook as much as possible, it serves as a reference point when I want recall a place. I'll try and dig a few up, there's quite a few in Kowloon City.

Try the Dai Pai Dong in Fo Tan (Pigeon yum)

Fantastic Ladies Cafe

Some photos...

On the web...

The rents cheaper up here too! Shhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Fantastic Ladies Cafe

Some photos...

On the web...

The rents cheaper up here too! Shhhhh!
    No offense... but.....

The photos of the meals that place you nominated for $35 - $37 look like absolute shit !
    Seriously I wouldnt feed my dog that infantile, pig swill !

Unless you want to have a heart attack, by your 45th birthday, be my guest and continue eating low grade, processed shit like that .

I'd get your blood pressure checked Tones, if you're eating primarily carbohydrate based, high sodium content, processed meat/ingredient meals like that.

My late father in law owned a Dai Pai Dong, even he told me that bulk of the ingredients they used to be profitable were of a low grade, but with some creative seasoning/prep made to look and taste o.k.. People here actually live on that crap.... CRINGE

I'd rather just make a Tomato, onion sandwich at home than abuse my body with the shit some of these charlie cheap DPD's push out lol

Salted or sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    People here actually live on that crap....
    And they live longer than anywhere else in the world. Which rather obviously highlights what a puffed-up, holier-than-thou, pretentious, but ultimately dim person you are. Being your dog must be a pretty miserable situation.

None taken Skyhook...actually I don't like to eat out...my typical diet is...breakfaat-special k with banana slices...lunch-cheese and pickle sandwich...dinner-salad and cold meat!

Sent from my GT-S6102 using GeoClicks mobile app

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast