Like Tree5Likes

Cheap curry recommendations in TST

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Tbh I've yet to find a good curry place in tst.
    There are plenty of good places in TST, just his price range is a bit low. Kow-I-Noor on Mody Rd. is quite good.

http://www.openrice.com/english/rest...tm?shopid=1712

Making it myself is of course always a good option, but I find Indian food tricky. So far I failed to copy an authentic Butter Chicken. If you want to share a training session by an Butter Chicken expert you can count me in!
    drumbrake likes this.

Across the waterway at HK$88 is the Himalaya, nearby Southorn Playground. Nothing could be better at that price and they give me a delicious Mango lassie. And all u can eat of Indian/Nepal food. Since i can ride the ferry free, why grovel around TST snooping for a curry?

Whoops, that Turkish place in CKM is on the EAST and is called Bismillah Kebab. Exact address is: Shop 75, 1/F CKM

I saw one buffet lunch place, but never tried it: Surya (Mody Rd., in a basement)

http://www.surya.hk/lunch.htm

Not sure they still have buffet though, they did a few weeks ago.

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I saw one buffet lunch place, but never tried it: Surya (Mody Rd., in a basement)

http://www.surya.hk/lunch.htm

Not sure they still have buffet though, they did a few weeks ago.
    I've not yet been myself, but a good friend from Chennai who arrived here a couple of years ago recommends this as her #1 Indian restaurant in HK.

There's a good curry place in Sham Shui Po, right off of B1 exit. The dishes are 35 to 60, and the dal was pretty good.

I went to a restaurant on the third floor from the second elevator into Chungking Mansions. There was also a recruiter at the ground level. It was good but a chicken tikka masala are 70 or so.

drumbrake likes this.

Not TST technically but Kowloon Curry House on Temple Street is a personal favorite...Open Rice has no reviews (if you care) but one here (not mine)

http://hobofoods.wordpress.com/2013/...rry-house-bar/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Across the waterway at HK$88 is the Himalaya, nearby Southorn Playground. Nothing could be better at that price and they give me a delicious Mango lassie. And all u can eat of Indian/Nepal food. Since i can ride the ferry free, why grovel around TST snooping for a curry?
    I think $100 is very expensive for an asian meal in HK. I almost never pay that much. I quite like Himalaya, the set lunch on weekend and the buffet weekdays. I had a malaysian curry set dinner in the Western District tonight for $65 and I often get lamb curry set lunch at the Bowrington market for about $30... Unfortunately not in TST, I don't like to hang around there. Not into the posh restaurant scene either.

The ones on the ground floor of Chung King that have food on display are ridiculously expensive, and their food is so stale it can't be eaten.

So I either go to sher-e-punjab restaurant on the first floor. Or their is one at the back side of Chung King, but I forgot its name. Both have good quality food and are fast.

Also, Ebneezers kabab is nearby too. Its Biryanis are generally cheaper than what is available at Chung King.

drumbrake likes this.

How many veg choices do Himalaya n Surya have for lunch buffett ? Thanks