Lebanese restaurant

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lebanese restaurant

If you want to impress a visiting business associate who is Lebanese and has specifically asked you to take him to a good Lebanese restaurant when he arrives, do you take him to Zahra's or Habibi?
    Or is there somewhere better?

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

.......Assaf.......

Zahras if you can call ahead and tell the owners that your guest is lebanese.

The food at Zahra's is good. Only downside is its small and tables are very close together. Basically you can particpate in conversations on 3 tables and sometimes the entire restaurant.

I think they're all pretty disappointing having lived in the Middle East and are used to true Lebanese eating where the portions are big and things like big salads are put down in the middle of your table and not charged for.
    When I first got here I took a group of friends to Habibi's as they wanted to try Lebanese with someone who knew what they were ordering- I was pretty embarrassed at the size of the portions and how much it cost. I suspect a lot of true Lebanese would be fairly offended.
    Saying that, it is the only one I've tried but have also noticed Beyrouth cafe in LKF and Ali Baba on Wyndham Street.

Ali Baba is more french morroccan (thats how it was described to me). The guy who owns (or manages it) is a pretty decent bloke.

i actually went to school here in hk with the son of the owner of zahra...haven't seen him in forever, though. i should head over there and see if he's around

Thanks all... will have to have a look at Zahra's. Haven't heard of Assaf before. Where is it?
    Did pop into Habibi the other day but unfortunately that's Egyptian not Lebanese.
    Thanks again.

I want some hummos ou laham

Quote Originally Posted by HKnewbie:
    Thanks all... will have to have a look at Zahra's. Haven't heard of Assaf before. Where is it?
    Did pop into Habibi the other day but unfortunately that's Egyptian not Lebanese.
    Thanks again.
    So many of the staples are the same.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast