Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pkboy

Restaurant for wedding dinner

Restaurant for wedding dinner

I am looking for a restaurant that would be good for around 100 people with a little extra space for some kind of stage for a wedding dinner / celebration.

Would prefer Chinese food but could do western food if we can't find a place the right size.

Prefer somewhere in mid-west Kowloon or North HK island for ease of transport for guests.

I am not really sure what the budget should be for this. I would like to spend less than $100k.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pretty much most of the Chinese restaurants have a stage since wedding bookings make them the big bucks.

Typically you're looking at $6000 upwards for a table of 12 for a traditional chinese wedding banquet. So budget wise you're fine.

Sing Yin at W hotel for example.

Ok I will check that one out, seems that the size is right. Main problem with a lot of the Chinese banquet places is that they are so huge that our size would mean that they will partition us off and have other customers nearby making a lot of noise and such.

Sing Yin looks like a good suggestion though, thanks

Always room for a GeoExpat table or 2

Koen likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Hotels will have different sized function rooms.

Wah so many Chinese restaurants to choose from, try to go to the area that you want the wedding banquet to be held in, visit the chinese restaurants and look for the stage and usually you will see some couples name already on the wall for the next event, pick one that meets your size requirement.

based on experience and friend's opinion over the years, decent banqueting restaurants for food and service would include 煌府 Palace Restaurant, 百樂門盛宴/paramount and choi fuk 彩福喜宴

Aaah yes I know one. The House of Canton, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue Kowloon Tong.

I have often had lunch there the food is yummy well above average and there are often weddings on the go. It's a restaurant with a wedding/function area that can be as big or small as you want. It's not vast but they could happily accommodate about 100 people, nice and intimate.

Its smartly decorated and the staff are all very friendly. The chairs are very comfortable "specially designed imported ergonomic chairs provide the utmost in comfort".

It might just be the ticket.

http://www.houseofcanton.com/

Parking is easy at Festival walk as is public transport.

Last edited by Koen; 04-12-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.