Like Tree3Likes

Any suggestion for Wine

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    decent price for nice wine, penfold's kloonunga hill shiraz, usually HKD149 each, buy 3 for HKD199, ends 28th dec,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Or $89 at Wellcome.

You don't actually blindly believe it when PnS or Wellcome say they have "special offers" and "price reductions" do you?
    Just to illustrate my point. Now that we are at the 29th, the "usual" price for that wine at PnS is now down to $109. My expectation is that after New Year it will be back down to its even more usual price of $89.

The "usual" $149 was an out and out lie. They do it all the time. Surely you realise this?

The 759 chain stores offer some cheap bargains under $100, also check out AEON Jusco stores that sell foodstuffs, like in Lai Chi Kok. I've managed to buy a few French reds, surprisingly good for under $100.

Park N Shop have a 3 litre box of wine @ 79 bucks. California Red by FRANZIA. Everyone that has drunk it in the holidays reports it is delicious. Have bought 3 more for new year!

Carignane by Porter Creek!

http://www.portercreekvineyards.com/

Marks & Spencer are very reliable for wine and they have a decent selection under $100. If you like a full bodied red, they have a good Vacqueryas 2011 at the moment for $148. Quite a steal given their Chateauneuf comes in around $400-500.

Natfixit likes this.

agree that M&S offer decent wine , apart there, I came across different wine online store , those are competitive in price, just keep an eye if they offer good price during the CNY, say winepassions.com , winefly.net, royalhampers.com, winemart.hk.

Speaking of marks n sparks, I'm drinking a nice cava prestige tonight, left over from NYE. Great value at $118 about's. FYI, Cava is produced in exactly the same method as champagne, but due to French rules regulations and court writs, the name champagne can only be applied to sparkling wines made as per traditional method. I'm still into Spanish wines, particularly the 2010 vintage, and many in marks and spencer are pretty good value for money. Nearly hyperventilated over the prices in Sha tin city super today. Wines I could buy for about HK $40 in the EU cost $$$ here. Muga, Marques de Riscal, Close de Martinet....prices through the roof and I'm through the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Marks & Spencer are very reliable for wine and they have a decent selection under $100. If you like a full bodied red, they have a good Vacqueryas 2011 at the moment for $148. Quite a steal given their Chateauneuf comes in around $400-500.
    Yes, Christmas, I liked their liquers so I could experiement different martini concoctions, and their Sherry was excellent value. Meanwhile, Watsons....ahh! forget it. Prices overpriced schmmmmmmprices.
    Last edited by Natfixit; 07-01-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Bloody so called spellcheck.