Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Natfixit

Will restaurants be open today?

Closed Thread

Will restaurants be open today?

Was thinking of going out for lunch, but if they are all shut, no point!

Try Indian restaurants, hotel restaurants, or Causeway Bay. Rent is so high there, many restaurants can't afford to close.

The local mom and pop ones will be closed all the western and big chain ones will be open

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    The local mom and pop ones will be closed all the western and big chain ones will be open
    While I fully expected this, I was kind of surprised this morning.

Happy to find Maison Kayser in Happy Valley was open and I got my morning crusty bread.
    Walked over into work this morning and my favorite local corner dimsum place, one that has early morning dimsum was open and serving bfast -- surprised to see that. If I had known, I would have had my usual dimsum bfast....

IFC was pretty busy when I walked through not long ago. Lots of bloody mainlanders with suitcases milling around the shops and generally getting in everyone's way. Rest of Central seemed quiet though. Didn't have to queue in M&S so that's a first!

Went hiking this morning, and the trails were quiet then, but Mui Wo or citygate will be packed as usual. Yesterday was another nightmare, so today should be even worse.

About half the restaurants in Tai Mei Tuk were open I guess. We had a good post-hike late lunch at Pataya as usual. Tai Mei Tuk itself was quieter than it would be on a normal weekend, but busier than a normal weekday.

Well - yep - pretty much everything was open. Even all the shops open! I was really surprised, I thought this was a serious "family" time!

Well it used to be. I remember 15 years ago my 1st CNY not being able to buy anything the first day of New Year. 2nd day 7 /11 was open but most main shops still shut.

LKF was very quiet for a Friday night, last night. Places open and some shut, but hardly any people. They were still all at IFC!

bibbju likes this.