Like Tree11Likes

What's this fruit?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Lemongrass juice? You make it yourself or buy it? I have an abundance of lemongrass growing on the roof, never tried making juice though. I want to make this drink! anything with champagne must be good
    Or make lemongrass syrup.

Cut it up then boil it with sugar.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Or make lemongrass syrup.

Cut it up then boil it with sugar.
    Yup, just found a recipe that says exactly that. Never thought of making a drink, I use it to make copious amounts of Tom Kha Gai.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Lemongrass juice? You make it yourself or buy it? I have an abundance of lemongrass growing on the roof, never tried making juice though. I want to make this drink! anything with champagne must be good
    Chop lemongrass into small 4 cm long pieces and feed into a juicer, or crush in a mortar with a pestle. Hard work but worth it. You only need a small amount like a shot for flavour. Yes, you can boil it with sugar, or add sugar syrup afterwards.

If I could find some quinces here, I would do the same....wishful thinking.

Back to subject, custard apple also goes well with mint, coriander, ginger.. It also, in mashed form, acts as a tenderizer on pork and chicken. Look up www.taste.com.au for recipes on custard apple. It's the healthy persons dessert. When I was a kid, my dad would halve it, and you just eat out of the skin....pick out the seeds, though.
    Last edited by Natfixit; 02-05-2014 at 07:47 PM.