Like Tree2Likes

Pizza places in hk?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

At times like this I wish we had a resident Brooklyn pizza loving expert

I have not yet tried http://pizzapala.com/ but it sure looks good.
    On the expensive side but it looks very authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I have not yet tried http://pizzapala.com/ but it sure looks good.
    On the expensive side but it looks very authentic.
    I've had Pizza Pala slices to take away from Great. Not particularly authentic Italian but good quality ingredients and very tasty (if you like your pizza slices on the slightly doughy soft side).

I actually like Pizza Express on Lyndhurst Terrace. Much better pizza than you get in Pizza Express in the UK, and closer to being authentic (the quattro formaggi is at least!)

I really like Bene for pizza and pasta at olympian city 2

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    I've had Pizza Pala slices to take away from Great. Not particularly authentic Italian but good quality ingredients and very tasty (if you like your pizza slices on the slightly doughy soft side).

I actually like Pizza Express on Lyndhurst Terrace. Much better pizza than you get in Pizza Express in the UK, and closer to being authentic (the quattro formaggi is at least!)
    yeaa.. I have tried pizza express. it is good but i find it just a little pricey.

Also try Pizza Piazza. Shop 1A, ground floor, Elite Industrial Centre, 883 Cheung Sha Wan Rd, Lai Chi Kok. My Milanese friend says it's pretty authentic, plus no service charge, and BYO no corkage.

As for this BS about not letting dough rise. All pizzerias must let their dough rise. However, if leftover pizza base dough is left in the fridge or freezer, it will lose some of its " airiness", or ability to rise as puffy as the bags under a sleepdeprived pizzalover's eyes. If the dough is puffy around the edges, then it most likely has been pushed out when flattens into the pizza pan, ready for toppings. The oven must also be super hot, but too hot that the underneath is wet and the edges burnt. I make pizza at home and have tried recipes for dough plus cooking temps and times galore. It all depends on what the diner wants. Too much dough, and too little topping and you get unbalanced flavours. Roll too thin, and you risk the option of getting burnt pizza. There is also one take away with the small option of dining at one small pizzeria which makes pretty good pizzas on Mee Lin street/ lane, Sheung Wan. It's the lane, side street off Hollywood Rd. The owner is Italian and opened up a larger pizzeria in TST, and is pretty passionate about his pizza. While he defends authenticity, he is also interested from a making business perspective as to what customers want.

Last edited by Natfixit; 22-07-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    There is also one take away with the small option of dining at one small pizzeria which makes pretty good pizzas on Mee Lin street/ lane, Sheung Wan. It's the lane, side street off Hollywood Rd. The owner is Italian and opened up a larger pizzeria in TST, and is pretty passionate about his pizza. While he defends authenticity, he is also interested from a making business perspective as to what customers want.
    Hmm, do you mean La Gondola on Mee Lun Street? In which case, it's been closed for at least 6 months I'd say, and I didn't find it that amazing, at least for a groupon-discounted takeaway...

It's all about the thin crust none of this thick crust rubbish

Claire ex-ax likes this.

I think the pizzas in Euro Go Go are decent.

There is a place in TST at iSquare 7th floor just beneath the cinema that is really quite good - Grano Italiano. It's the Subway of pizzas as it lets you choice your own ingredients. Lots of interesting choices. $148 for a 6 choice single person pizza (I think it is about 10") - the cheese and sauce counts as two choices though, so you really only get 4 real choices.