Like Tree56Likes

Hooters come to HK...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Yes, a restaurant can't make a root beer float any different than at home. Does A&W in the Macau Ferry have A&W root beer? It's definitely something Q club should have.
    I suspect you mean A&M in the Macau Ferry, not A&W... They haven't been in the Macau Ferry building for, oh, I guess I couple of years now - they have two stores at opposite ends of Central now, but they do generally stock A&W root beer
    Elegiaque likes this.

That's what I thought too. Maybe I'm just romanticizing the A&W rootbeer float. Actually, now that I think about it, it wasn't that great when I had it in person. I think I had a childhood memory that had a strong fantastical effect!

Sorry to tangent, but where the hell did you get this from?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Half of them carry guns, lots of shootings, just like USA
    ^Forgot to quote

DSY, this American took it as a joke. I think they got it from their creative brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Well it seems like sexist chauvinism is alive and well in HK, another..um..."sexy" restaurant aims to open to challenge Hooters (much to the ire of feminists and many women I'm sure, but well, I guess sex sells in HK):

Dirty and decadent: Double D burger joint to go head to head with Hooters | South China Morning Post

Just days after US chain Hooters announced plans to open in Hong Kong, a local restaurant group wants to beat it to the punch, using sex appeal to sell hamburgers.
    Maximal Concepts - whose restaurants include steakhouse Blue Butcher, high-end Chinese eatery Mott 32 and Tex-Mex joint Brickhouse - is behind the soon-to-launch Double D hamburger restaurant in Lan Kwai Fong.
    But with a huge billboard featuring women clad only in lingerie, and a playful, yet questionable staff recruitment ad, the restaurant's plans are already on the radar of the city's equal opportunities watchdog.
    Double D's is opening today. They're giving out Free burgers after 6pm

https://www.facebook.com/DoubleDburg...type=1&theater
    Elegiaque and Cho-man like this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5