Like Tree1Likes

Would you buy organic jasmine rice or parboiled rice online?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would you buy organic jasmine rice or parboiled rice online?

How often do you buy rice? What's the package size do you usually buy at supermarket?

Hi, I'm contemplating whether to import organic rice from Thailand and sell online in Hong Kong. Would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks!

We alternate between large bags of Thai (the one with the elephant on the bag) and Korean rice. One large bag every 2-3 months. If you can ship them in empty Coke bottles that would save us a step.

I also buy the 8kg bags of Thai rice every 4-6 weeks. Just realised it's cheaper at 759 $60 compared to the supermarkets.

How do you ensure the rice is organic? What "organic" standards are you using?

East_coast likes this.

Hi, I'm contemplating whether to import organic rice from Thailand and sell online in Hong Kong. Would appreciate your opinion.
    The local logistics will be a pain in the arse to deal with. Imagine having to deliver a 4-8Kg bag to a remote village in New Territories (worst case scenario) and plan from there.

5Kg Elephant Thai rice from Park N Shop once a month or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipop:
    How often do you buy rice? What's the package size do you usually buy at supermarket?

Thanks!
    No.

I buy Basmati rice only from the Indian stores in Chung King Mansion. Can't stand Thai rice. And have no interest at all in my rice being organic.

I can't see this being a winner - it's too low value a product for the logistics involved and with a very small potential market.

I get 20kg bags of the best Thai rice I can find in HK after asking around from a random shop in NT but it is still crap compared to what I have outside of HK. HK is pretty lacking in Thai rice.

10kg of Thai rice every 6 weeks or so. Don't care if it is organic. The mark up to have it delivered would seem too high to make it a viable business.

I buy organic veg but I go to the market and pick it out myself... I wouldn't buy it online.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast