Like Tree105Likes

Hong Kong's version of cheap and healthy

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Should change this thread to cheap and fast way to early death!

GeoTommy and Peter Mak like this.

Veg is cheap at the wet markets
    $8 for two large bundles of choi sum.
    Enough to last you a few days.

Get yourself a rice cooker and start steaming veg etc, make congee and add some minced pork and egg and so on.

Cheap and easy and at least you know what's in it.

I am a stronger believer of "you are what you eat".

TheBrit likes this.

If you are not minded to cook for yourself (I understand; some of us don't have the time!) then get your fruit and veggies as snacks through the day. Buy some fruit and put on your desk/at home and eat between meals - both keeps you full and also gives you vitamins and fibre. You can also eat raw veggies at the same time - raw carrots are delicious. Also things like celery are easy to eat a stick now and again. You should also buy some nuts / sunflower seeds etc as snacks - also good and variety of nutrition.

Personally I love chicken and eat for most meals (not breakfast - yuck) so that's not a problem. Just add some of the fruit/veggies/nuts and you will be fine.

TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    because...

A bit over the top but worth watching.

I'm a huge fan of Nood Food (I think all Pure locations have them, but I typically go to the location in Kinwick Centre on Hollywood). As an ex-New Yorker, it reminds me a lot of Dig Inn or Pump Energy Food (or Pumpernickles for ex-Canadians).

You can get an order of roasted white meat chicken (w gravy if you want to splurge) that comes with 2 or 4 side salads ($92 & $113 respectively) and the portions are very generous.

The salads are quite good, and they change them up fairly frequently, although I almost always go for the mainstay kale salad with avocado dressing and quinoa & beetroot salad.

I think the main problem the OP has is the combination of CHEAP and HEALTHY and NOT HOME COOKED.

That is certainly a challenge in HK.

Elegiaque likes this.

i find this thread so confusing. when did congee or porridge become the heathy food? when i get off work late, i will just buy some vegetables (and green bean) and just cook some chicken. if i am not on a low carb diet, i will also bake some sweet potato. fruit is also a must. its not ridiculously cheap but at least its enjoyable and healthy.

Skyhook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8