View Poll Results: Are the Government tourist food trucks a....

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Idea and will add vibrancy to the streets

11 18.33%
  • Meh, makes no difference

8 13.33%
  • Will end up controlled by big who will rent out the licences

30 50.00%
  • They're fiddling while Rome burns

20 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree137Likes

Food Trucks - great idea fostering food innovation or out of touch lunacy

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

The commission said there would not be a replacement for Creative Yummy as there were no candidates on the waiting list.
    RIP, Mr Food Truck. I've never seen you, but I've heard random things about you in HK.
    JAherbert likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    They are the people who are usually aligned and act as cheerleaders to the often barmy but sometimes cruel government polices and try to say how great they are compared to the worst example they can find overseas.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    They are the people who are usually aligned and act as cheerleaders to the often barmy but sometimes cruel government polices and try to say how great they are compared to the worst example they can find overseas.
    You mean like the people who cheered for food truck guy in the last CE election?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    You mean like the people who cheered for food truck guy in the last CE election?
    I must of missed that!!!

There was a CE selection process that the clear signals from the press 2 years before the date indicated Carrie Lam would be the anointed one.
    Gatts likes this.

Why not sell slots during the 12-2 lunch time period in the office areas of Central, Admiralty, Wan Chai, Tai Koo, Kwun Tong etc?

How many times have i been queuing among a huge crowd at a restaurant where i would have loved a fast and good value alternative like a food truck.

East_coast likes this.

What does everyone else think now that we're (like 8 months?) into it? I still have only gone once, but I'm not outside regularly enough.

I was out on SAR day this year, at about 11am and the 2 spots by the Harbourfront were empty. I'm not sure if they showed up later in the day, I just remember thinking "wow almost lunchtime on a holiday weekend and they've not set up already?"

East_coast and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Why not sell slots during the 12-2 lunch time period in the office areas of Central, Admiralty, Wan Chai, Tai Koo, Kwun Tong etc?
    Unfortunately Hong Kong food trucks are not mobile they can only go where / when the government says.

It would make sense to go to CBD's at lunch and tourist spots at night.

The slot at Wong Tai Sin Temple has been empty for weeks now. Government will not label it a failure as it was only a pilot scheme.

East_coast and JAherbert like this.

To bring this back on topic ... little chance of HK food truck workers dying from karoshi, which does sound like something you'd order at the bar.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast