Like Tree8Likes

The McDonald's Of The Future Opens In Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The McDonald's Of The Future Opens In Hong Kong

http://kotaku.com/the-mcdonalds-of-t...ong-1750271639
    Cho-man and HK_Katherine like this.

Does this mean a fillet 'o fish is gonna cost $50 bucks now because McD has to recoup the cost of designing and constructing this slick McD outlet (and others to come)?
    Last edited by Cho-man; 01-01-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Will it havebeds?

I read that too. Would love to hear a first-hand account of the McDonald's experience from a GXP'er.

I liked the self serving movie ticket-like machine. Seems like the way to go considering the meters long line up. Not exactly the biggest breakthrough, but that was a large efficiency improvement. Not to mention, each machine saves $30/hr for McD if you look at it from their perspective.

Last edited by Creative83; 01-01-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I read that too. Would love to hear a first-hand account of the McDonald's experience from a GXP'er.
    The salad bar sucks, looks like everything is from a can

The McCafe food sucks, it's the same as the other McCafe's in HK, just better presented

I didn't try the create your own burger, but I did spec one out, it came to $71 for something that sounded tasty..
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    The salad bar sucks, looks like everything is from a can

The McCafe food sucks, it's the same as the other McCafe's in HK, just better presented

I didn't try the create your own burger, but I did spec one out, it came to $71 for something that sounded tasty..
    Not disagreeing with your evaulation of the food quality, but then, what can you expect from a fast food joint?

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    I liked the self serving movie ticket-like machine. Seems like the way to go considering the meters long line up. Not exactly the biggest breakthrough, but that was a large efficiency improvement. Not to mention, each machine saves $30/hr for McD if you look at it from their perspective.
    MX (the newer, rebooted Maxims) have these machines. Every time I go there, the queue for the machine is always empty. I guess the locals prefer the live person queue -- in a way it is friendlier/quicker to correct mistakes rather than pressing back buttons/going through menus on a screen.

I love all the automation, now how about getting everyone to use the autotoll please!! If we can order tickets & food without a person involved, surely we can all drive a car with autotoll and avoid having to stop on the roads----saves fuel...saves time...less pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    I love all the automation, now how about getting everyone to use the autotoll please!! If we can order tickets & food without a person involved, surely we can all drive a car with autotoll and avoid having to stop on the roads----saves fuel...saves time...less pollution.
    Autotoll during peak time causes more jams LOL

If all 8-10 lanes were Autotoll and everyone zoomed through the gates merging into 2 lanes, it would be havoc. Cash paying cars stop and pay, it sort of staggers the cars a bit.

Back to MCD, if and when i want a MCD, i'll stick to my lovely Big Mac meals, no need to change it by adding all kinds of different stuff to it.

If I wanted a fancy burger I would go to a regular restaurant
    Mat likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast