Like Tree36Likes

Starbucks HK Customer Service

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

You used the phrase "HK Customer Service". You must be new around here...

mrgoodkat, knk, huja and 10 others like this.

Gotten responses quite a few times.

Informed them that my login email is blahblah. Told them the problem in the simplest words and how I don't mean to complain, but just pointing out that there may be a problem affecting other customers also. Have received free coffee / credits every single time.

My usual problem is that someone at the counter forgets to ring up the special offer (right now free extra shot, sometimes free upgrade, whatever...).

I do need to send them an email and let them know that they'll be doing the planet a favour by allowing me to configure my app, to tell their point of sale that I do not need a printed receipt in triplicate.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    You used the phrase "HK Customer Service". You must be new around here...
    Actually, to be fair I should qualify this:
    1. You can often get pretty decent service - with a smile, no less! - from more local/independent places here, particularly if you go in with a smile yourself, and/or are a regular.
    2. And you can generally get what you want if you make a fuss, one way or another - the problem is that CS reps (or more often, their script/system) can't do anything the straightforward easy way.
    Nep likes this.

Starbucks customer service here in HK is the pits, as so often is the case.

They 'upgraded' their app a couple weeks ago and I lost my four free tall drinks which I had yet to claim. They refuse to restore.

They ditched the pre-order option, which was very useful. No explanation for this after repeated requests.

And they are slowly changing the seating in their branches to make it as uncomfortable as possible for customers by getting rid of the the most comfortable chairs and sofa's. The branch at the airport check in even removed the stools at the standing tables!

Ugh, things never get better here do they.

Slightly off topic but serious question: I am usually just going to a Starbucks for a double espresso, and when I do I just hit the counter and order it. Do I miss something important by not using their app?

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Slightly off topic but serious question: I am usually just going to a Starbucks for a double espresso, and when I do I just hit the counter and order it. Do I miss something important by not using their app?
    Not anymore. Their pre-order tool was very convenient to dodge the long lines and waiting but they did away with that. You get a free tall drink or upgrade every 12 (?) drinks or so if you become a member and use the card/app...other than that it's just a crock of shit.
    100LL likes this.

I just have one of those Standard Chartered Visa infinite cards that give a free upgrade from tall to grande etc on every drink. So about a $4 saving per drink. I dont bother with the app or SB's own loyalty program at all because I think the visa card gives a better discount than their own program. But i never really sat down and figured it out.

I hate HK starbucks.. but I tried it in Korea and was amazed... it was actually decent, and the food too!!!
    but yeah.. starbucks HK sucks

Mrs. Jones likes this.

You get a discount ($3?) too if you bring your own mug. Or does that depend on each branch? (I prefer to make my own at home/office and just save about $30 all together )

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast