Like Tree16Likes

Any actually GOOD food deliveries?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by cookingmama0101:
    Sometimes things get too hectic with three kids. Anyone have suggestions for something that's not too expensive, good quality food delivery (BONUS if it's healthy!!!!)

I have looked on Foodpanda but most of their food either is too junk food (Burgers burgers burgers and soggy fries) or it's too pricey.

Just want more options for a day after work and not wanting to cook for 5 people at the end of the day.
    Cook for 5 ppl at the end of the day? Babies, toddlers or?? Can they choose what they want to eat and pitch in and help cook or too young? Hit the wet markets, look up recipes like Australian Womens Weekly Recipe Search - great for budget, or cooking for crowds, or both and make up menus for the week in advance. I grew up on simple, home cooked food. Just veg, nothing else. Water or cordial was served and it was mum, dad, sister and I plus dog and cat. I never liked to eat meat but it was all either bought in bulk off a relative's farm or from a warehouse grocer.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I started cooking at age 5. By age 8, I could bake and cook entire meals. Are you saying your kids are incompetent?
    Nope, just don't want to swamp them with chores after going to swimming classes and all the other things kids do nowadays, especially with Chinese remedial classes.
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Cook for 5 ppl at the end of the day? Babies, toddlers or?? Can they choose what they want to eat and pitch in and help cook or too young? Hit the wet markets, look up recipes like Australian Womens Weekly Recipe Search - great for budget, or cooking for crowds, or both and make up menus for the week in advance. I grew up on simple, home cooked food. Just veg, nothing else. Water or cordial was served and it was mum, dad, sister and I plus dog and cat. I never liked to eat meat but it was all either bought in bulk off a relative's farm or from a warehouse grocer.
    Twins and a girl, 7 and 5. That means a lot of food, especially since my husband likes to have multiple dishes... I tried batch cooking once and everyone complained about the food being repetitive... Gosh!
    TheBrit likes this.

Twins and a girl, 7 and 5. That means a lot of food, especially since my husband likes to have multiple dishes... I tried batch cooking once and everyone complained about the food being repetitive... Gosh!
    I used to do batch cooking and freeze it into portions for later. My husband didn't complain as it was convenient for both of us after busy days at work, and also saved us money. If my husband and I ate multiple dishes, we would both be larger than houses.

In our day it was a choice

Eat it or starve

Original Post Deleted
    Same for us when we were kids. We got what we were given, even if it was the same almost each day. Leftovers were common. Both my parents worked and home cooked food was cooked in bulk then frozen for later use. I remember my maternal grandparents had a huge freezer for this as also my in laws. Yes, for both children and adults.
    jimbo likes this.

There is something seriously wrong with a family that wants want want and won't pitch in to help. Are you the mother or the cook? Put your foot down! Teach the kids and husband some cooking skills and then go and get a life.
    jimbo, wayland, Natfixit and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    There is something seriously wrong with a family that wants want want and won't pitch in to help. Are you the mother or the cook? Put your foot down! Teach the kids and husband some cooking skills and then go and get a life.
    I have been talking about this for weeks now, hopefully change will come soon to this household. I'm getting tired of this! Next discussion should be where to get a good drink after work.