Like Tree12Likes

french pizza

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

french pizza

Recently, I went to a French restaurant in Jordan called The Local French, and it was quite delicious!

They have pizza and pasta, as well as salads, crepes, waffles, etc. My friends and I tried the pizza, mussels and fries, crepes and waffles (so healthy...), and everything was good (especially the five cheese pizza and the chorizo goat cheese pizza).

I also noticed some other people doing something with an oven, melting cheese and adding it to other food items like potatoes and pickles and meat. I didn't try it that time, but it looked intriguing.

Anyway, if any of you feel like giving it a try, it's over by Ferry Street (a bit closer to Elements and Austin Station). You can also check them out on Openrice.

Side Note: I am not affiliated with them in any way; I just like cheese.

That restaurant sounds like it's a bit confused as to what it's menu offers . if they have
    Pissaladière on the menu I might have some faith....

I'm tipping that the owners aren't French, nor are the kitchen staff.

Yeah, I was surprised by the menu, but then again I don't know that much about French food. And no, it is run by a French guy and his wife. He said he imports a lot of the ingredients (at least the cheeses) so it will have the right taste.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhobbes:

I also noticed some other people doing something with an oven, melting cheese and adding it to other food items like potatoes and pickles and meat. I didn't try it that time, but it looked intriguing.
    It's called raclette and it's awesome
    shri, jmbf and Fiona in HKG like this.

There are two countries I associate with tasty pizza:

1. Italy

2. America

As you can see, France isn't on the list.

France and Italy do share a fairly long border - maybe some of the ingredients spilled over

Kinda/sorta like the Italian Buffalo (imported from India) mozzarella

rickyross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    France and Italy do share a fairly long border - maybe some of the ingredients spilled over

Which is why I brought up Pissaladière. When I think of French Pizza, I think of Nice and I think of Pissaladière.....thanks to Nice being geographically a stones throw from the Italian Riviera.

The more I think about it, Italian restaurants and pizzeria's are pretty well represented in Nice, which is one of the reasons my family loves the place sooooo much he he.

The owner of the resto could also be from Annecy or Corsica.. ....
    Last edited by Skyhook; 13-02-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

I'm tipping that the owners aren't French, nor are the kitchen staff.
    i think thats irrelevant. i make a pretty good espresso with my nespresso and i'm not italian.

Had a look at the menu and they have some very "French" dishes Raclette (OK it's swiss but sold in France routinely), Tartiflette, Hachi Parmentier etc etc

They also have some less French but easy for HKgers dishes like Pizza etc. (no pissaladiere but frankly nowadays French eat more pizza overall than possaladiere.) - Pissaladiere is good tho.

The owners are apparently French and Hong Kongers.

Never tried but if around the area one day, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    i think thats irrelevant. i make a pretty good espresso with my nespresso and i'm not italian.
    Sacrilege!!!!! and you are talking to Sky here Dumbdonkey...the food snob of the Geo
    shri, jimbo and chuckster007 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast