Like Tree47Likes

Dear Caucasian Man @ Cheesecake Factory

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I can't believe I read all of this and two of her articles... But I'm really scratching my head now, what is "1980s" food and why is it a bad thing?
    When I think of 80s food, the names Jane Fonda and Jenny Craig come to mind.....NY cheesecake has never been a favourite of mine. Bland, hard, gelatine overload. Give me a pavlova anyway.
    Skyhook likes this.

I passed by this place last Friday and thought I'd check it out.
    8 pm, fully booked for the rest of the day. Huge line just for takeaway.

Been twice for lunch. Walked straight in both times. Food is typical American fare in both taste and portion. Not too bad but certainly nothing I would queue up for. The strangest thing are the Chinese waitresses who have obviously been trained to greet you in the typical American faux hospitality style, "Good afternoon, how are YOU doing today?" And upon leaving, "Thanks for coming, see you again soon and have a GREAT day!"

Talking of Cheesecake. Main Street Cafe looks closed.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It gets worse during long weekends. I assume this is when the few native speakers / editors go on holiday and the ESL speakers take over the copy.
    Knowing a couple of the native speaking editors I can confirm that this is the crux of the matter. The Monday SCMP has far more typos and generally bizarre English than Tuesday-Saturday.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Talking of Cheesecake. Main Street Cafe looks closed.

Main Street Deli in the Langham Hotel is pretty good for cakes though.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4