Like Tree14Likes

Addicted to Egg Tarts! What about you?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I had a great pork bun (although I've nothing to compare it to) with lightly crispy exterior at this place.

Just back from the shop and will give tarts a go on my own! Photos to follow....

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Terreneuve:
    I had a great pork bun (although I've nothing to compare it to) with lightly crispy exterior at this place.

Just back from the shop and will give tarts a go on my own! Photos to follow....
    So Terreneuve, you are currently... in HK?!

I thought your other posts imply??

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by locust.fund:
    So Terreneuve, you are currently... in HK?!

I thought your other posts imply??
    No, not yet, submitting visa application this week! I had that pork bun back in April during my week stay for an interview in HK.

I did whip up some acceptable egg tarts, motley but delicious. I messed up the measurements for cutting the dough and had to re-roll it out so shells were inconsistent (so much for drag and drop recipe). I also used butter puff pastry sheets, but if I made them again I'd use the phyllo dough and melted butter instead.
    Name:  before.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  342.8 KB

During the bake I opened the door slightly , as one recipe suggested, so the tarts don't pop but when I took them out I thought they were off, looked more like egg-mushrooms:
    Name:  after.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  432.2 KB

However after putting them on a plate and letting them cool they took on their proper shape and got that nice glossy surface with the little tiny pool of yellow on top:Name:  endresult.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  229.2 KB

Only problem is twelve is too many, I need to drop by a friend's and share lest I eat them all myself.
    GeoTommy likes this.