Like Tree13Likes

help, dragon beards candy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help, dragon beards candy?

Need some help for a last minute gift, need to get this afternoon...

Where can you buy dragon's beard candy in Sheung Wan or Central? Needs to not be too expensive!
    @Fiona in HKG

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Need some help for a last minute gift, need to get this afternoon...

Where can you buy dragon's beard candy in Sheung Wan or Central? Needs to not be too expensive!
    @Fiona in HKG
    If you're looking for this

then here's the address, look for the Hillier Street Exit B, turn left as you emerge and the shop is directly across the street.

2 Hiller Street - Super Bowl King (not sure if it is still there, it is on Google Maps)

Super Bowl King Traditional Snack (Wc) Tung Ning Bldg Tel: 2468 4869

Also - try Conrad or Island Shangri-La cake shop (small chance one of them has them, the numbers can be searched via gooogles...)

Elegiaque and Fiona in HKG like this.

Also, small chance that Wing Wah has it - I swear I've seen it in one of the traditional / old fashioned chain stores, but forget which one.

Wing Wah

Elegiaque and Fiona in HKG like this.

Great responses I shall be keeping note of this as I now really want some dragon's beard

Well just after I posted this I found some at the Star Ferry. There's a Chinese snack market (not sure which days -- not every day). But the other suggestions are very helpful.

Now... any suggestions for getting that sticky dried meat stuff that comes from Macau?

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Yeah was about to post that the shop from Yuen Long has set up shop at the Central Ferry Pier for a couple of days, they show up like once a monthish?

The meat jerky thing is pretty much the stuff they sell from Bee Cheng Hiang (Singaporean though, not Macanese) and those shops are all over the place.

Fiona in HKG and Elegiaque like this.

What is this "meat jerky thing"? I know it's popular in Macau, but all across Asia (or China only?) it seems like there are different versions of it. Is there a generic name for it in Chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    What is this "meat jerky thing"? I know it's popular in Macau, but all across Asia (or China only?) it seems like there are different versions of it. Is there a generic name for it in Chinese?
    Chu Yok Korn (Pork Jerky) Ngau Yok Korn (Beef Jerky) my humble attempt to type out Cantonese in English LOL

https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Restau...Hong_Kong.html

They also sell the Macau meat sheets at a shop in Wan Chai on Hennessy/Lockhart and Stewart. I don't know the name of the shop, though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast