Like Tree14Likes

HK Layover: where to eat dinner?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

It's not bad, took my boss there when he visited HK. He loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Don't the street restaurants onTemple St serve the same food as Under Bridge Spicy Crab?
    Yes, a few do and to a similar standard too. Difference is just sitting in a nice'ish restaurant vs stools on the street.

Is Tim Ho Wan still around at IFC? That's quite popular and the reputation will normally make it a hit with visitors. I usually suggest that for out of towners who have a few hours in HK.

Your friends have a couple of days, so i think you can take them a bit further afield to nicer places the others have suggested.

LMAO at the guy who recommended Ebenezers. Other than that nice.littlr thread. We rare ever eat at local places so should probably try some of these!

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    LMAO at the guy who recommended Ebenezers. Other than that nice.littlr thread. We rare ever eat at local places so should probably try some of these!
    And Bricklane .

Same for us, but I think at some point or another we have had these experiences bit by bit, but never put it all together to think about what the top choices will be for just 2-3 meal options!

Ah, I didn't realize the restaurant's name is Under the Bridge, I thought you were saying it was under the bridge between CWB and Wan Chai, and indeed there is a very big under the bridge space there, but oddly I don't think Hong Kongers ever got around to opening some eateries there. I guess they can manage to walk from one side to the other without needing some fish balls or waffles!

I don't think, though, after a full work day on Friday I'll have the patience to dig for little morsels of food out of crabs. (It's never been a thing I liked very much anyway...)
    which intersection of Temple St. has some good options? Any particular food stand?