Like Tree11Likes

A Reasonably Priced / Authentic Thai Restaurant - Kennedy Town / Sai Yin Pun?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Reasonably Priced / Authentic Thai Restaurant - Kennedy Town / Sai Yin Pun?

Quote Originally Posted by Vix85:
    I had amazing dinners over the last 2 years spanning across any type of cousine. Expensive, but a part from that no complains. I can mention a very good restaurant for basically any type of food you want to eat
    Been disappointed with a number of places and the last one we'd take out from (Phukets) has shut down.

Any recommendations for a Thai restaurant we can drive past or take away from?

KT to Sheung Wan / SYP?

Second vote for ChaChaWan - often take clients there for lunch, but is a bit on the pricey side.

There is decent inexpensive Thai food to be had at stalls in Sheung Wan and Queen Street cooked food markets...

shri and Vix85 like this.

A bit out of the way but I really like Soi 18 in Causeway Bay and visit fairly regularly. Nice atmosphere and I have always enjoyed the food.
    Not too expensive either.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Been disappointed with a number of places and the last one we'd take out from (Phukets) has shut down.

Any recommendations for a Thai restaurant we can drive past or take away from?

KT to Sheung Wan / SYP?
    Just noticed others said chachawan as well

That Chachathingy sounds good - but not for semi-regular lunch takeaways for 3-4 people on a weekend.

Have been contemplating the one in Sheung Wan wet market / food court - need to find some parking or waiting spots near it.

Thai Na on Second St.

shri likes this.

Saw this one from the ex chef at Chachawan. Might try it... despite the fucked up review in the SCMP.

Gem:

Phat Thai noodles (HK$118) was the weakest of the three noodles dishes we tried. Perhaps it’s because it is very similar to Cantonese-style pan-fried beef with rice noodles, except here it’s made with prawns and kale.
    Wan Chai newcomer Samsen – Thai noodles from former Chachawan chef | South China Morning Post

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Saw this one from the ex chef at Chachawan. Might try it... despite the fucked up review in the SCMP.

Gem:

Wan Chai newcomer Samsen – Thai noodles from former Chachawan chef | South China Morning Post
    Samsen is great!!! I have eaten there/taken out several times already (perfect as I live just there ehehe)
    civil_servant and shri like this.

Samsen is my favourite restaurant here at the moment.

the best Thai I had in HK is on top of Smithfield market. Cheap and really tasty!

shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast