Like Tree10Likes

Food Under HKD40 in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What’s the meat quality like though? Some of those cheaper places, the meat is mostly fat or bone or gristle.

PC coffee chicken pie. Under $30. Top up $300 and get a free coffee. Sofa chair and a free newspaper. Do I win a prize?

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    You can eat for 10 HKD 7/11 noodles :-D
    So was McDonalds shut then?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    So was McDonalds shut then?
    McD's was the only thing open this morning when I was on my way to work....Had a plain-old hamburger : $10 hkd

Not a bad deal at all.
    SpeakCantonese likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    McD's was the only thing open this morning when I was on my way to work....Had a plain-old hamburger : $10 hkd

Not a bad deal at all.
    I went to the new cinema in Tuen Mun this morning and saw The Monkey King...not bad, and they do passable hot dogs...
    Skyhook likes this.

Several places in quarry bay have a selection of rice or noodle boxes for $30-35 including drink, usually a lot of food and tasty.

U Select stores sell Tesco pizza from around $20-40

When we get breakfast at a cha chaan teng it's usually around the $30 mark for eggs, toast, fish, salad and coffee or tea. Other days I get a tuna salad sandwich, oatmeal and coffee for the same price.

Afternoon tea sets are cheap too between 2:30 and 5:30. Usually around $35 for Singapore style noodles and an ice lemon tea.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    What’s the meat quality like though? Some of those cheaper places, the meat is mostly fat or bone or gristle.
    At the cha siu place it’s really good! It can compete with a Michelin star place nearby. My best guess is that they own the place and don’t have to pay rent.

There’s lots of options as long as you aren’t afraid to go into local shops - my two favourite noodle places in North Point serves noodles for $39 and the portions are big and tasty - they are also very busy. Plus there’s Chinese BBQ places where you can get rice with two choices for $32. Western food - slice of pizza at Mother of Pizzas from $30, yummy pastries or brekkie sandwiches from Bakehouse....