Like Tree29Likes

Local restaurant that over charge.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If I have to clean my own cutlery, then I don't wanna see the kitchen.
    There's 2 ways to think of it; either they don't scrub it enough, or they use loads of detergent and don't bother rinsing them afterwards too well.

There was a HK TV program a few weeks ago where they compared swishing the cutlery in water to wiping them down with some tissue. There was less bacteria on the cutlery after wiping them.
    chuckster007 likes this.

This weekend I ate at a place that used plastic backyard furniture tables and chairs. The condiment containers were oily. The toothpick dispenser was an old plastic salt or pepper shaker. It was oily from being handled probably for at least a decade by people and never washed.

The back alley served as the prep table where meats and veggies were cut and then brought inside to the kitchen to be cooked. Soup is cooked in a giant vat outside. Used dishes are tossed into a huge bucket (the kind used in construction) and a worker tugs it to the back with a rope. I'm sure the dishes are rinsed in soapy water than merely dried with a towel which is used on hundreds of dishes and utensils each day.

No one in the kitchen work a mask and there were no gloves.

I washed my fork with hot water provided for free. Instead of using the questionable napkins I used the inside of my tee shirt to dry my fork.

The food (beef chow fun stir fried with low grade oil IMO) cost my 50HK and included a lemon iced tea. I also got a free bottled water (Chinese rather than Western brand).

I got what I paid for. I didn't get sick and it was tasty. Happy with my decision.

Last edited by RMDNC; 04-06-2018 at 10:16 AM.

You've completely described some local restaurants in HK. Lol maybe that's why local food taste so good, sweat cigarette ash and old oil if I can't see it then I'm good but yes I've been in HK almost 2 months no problems yet.

Another point I don't want to put all local restaurants down it's not a matter of "you get what you pay for" you can eat in nice places you don't have to go "Michelin star" you can get a meal and drink for under 50hkd in nice clean setting forgot the name but had a good Thai meal last week.

What's the big deal? How could you even be bothered posting this...$175 at 4 am - she did you a favour

Quote Originally Posted by Londonnep:
    Another point I don't want to put all local restaurants down it's not a matter of "you get what you pay for" you can eat in nice places you don't have to go "Michelin star" you can get a meal and drink for under 50hkd in nice clean setting forgot the name but had a good Thai meal last week.
    Fairwood and Cafe deCoral might fit your high standards. Might be north of HK50 but less than HK100.

Ahhh so when the old women ushered me in she thought I was someone like you.

How long you have been here , i think you just got ripped off.
    But the price different is mostly depend on location, Island side should be more expensive than Kowloon.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4