Like Tree65Likes

American Peking - RIP

Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    28,658

    American Peking - RIP

    Lots of good dinners, with both expats and locals @ American Peking over the last 2 decades.

    RIP ..

    Now closed: American Restaurant, a Hong Kong fixture for 68 years thats served its last Peking duck | South China Morning Post

    civil_servant likes this.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Lots of good dinners, with both expats and locals @ American Peking over the last 2 decades.

    RIP ..

    Now closed: American Restaurant, a Hong Kong fixture for 68 years thats served its last Peking duck | South China Morning Post
    I was invited to dinner there by some locals in the past. Was not all the great IMO. Place was worn in terms of decorations and the ambiance was more like roadside diner IMO. The anglo centric use of the word Peking was also offensive and reminded me about Western colonialism and all the aura of racist fuckery that accompanies it.
    rs4 likes this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC
    The anglo centric use of the word Peking was also offensive and reminded me about Western colonialism and all the aura of racist fuckery that accompanies it.
    LOL
    shri and Gatts like this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Lots of good dinners, with both expats and locals @ American Peking over the last 2 decades.
    It was good because of the atmosphere and the people you went with. It was an institution - kinda like the old China Hand but good food it was not.

    It will still be missed, tons of memories for 25 years.
    Cwbguy likes this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    28,658
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC
    The anglo centric use of the word Peking was also offensive and reminded me about Western colonialism and all the aura of racist fuckery that accompanies it.
    Have humbly requested that Peking University change its name and cleanse itself from racist fuckery.

    In the mean time, I wish I could feed trolls with some sizzling prawns.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,805

    Only went there a handful of times, but it was the closest I'd found to American Chinese food in HK. I liked the place.

    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC
    The anglo centric use of the word Peking was also offensive and reminded me about Western colonialism and all the aura of racist fuckery that accompanies it.
    Why even bother to eat out at all? All you have to do is turn your head and munch on the massive chip on your shoulder.
    Last edited by jgl; 05-06-2018 at 01:45 PM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    16,697
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Have humbly requested that Peking University change its name and cleanse itself from racist fuckery.
    You still hear various people around China but non-mandarin speakers say what sounds pretty much like Peking for Beijing. Racists the lot of them.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    28,658

    How do Mandarin speakers get to Peking Road in TST?


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    16,697
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    How do Mandarin speakers get to Peking Road in TST?
    As they pass they spit on the floor in disgust at those imperial dogs using racist names
    jgl, TheBrit, Mat and 4 others like this.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    How do Mandarin speakers get to Peking Road in TST?
    They don't. Or have you ever seen a mainlander there? See!

Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast