Like Tree31Likes

Food poisoning - Pololi

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    I was at Tai Koo Cityplaza a few months ago and the there is a new Dan Ryan's there. I had a look at the menu and the hostess tried to entice me inside. I asked here if she knew her restaurant had recently killed someone. She did not. I can not believe that restaurant has the nerve to continue their business here after killing someone. I mean seriously, how does any restaurant recover from that.
    do you stop taking buses and taxis after some accident happened that killed a whole lot of people ?

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    do you stop taking buses and taxis after some accident happened that killed a whole lot of people ?
    Buses are for poor people. I drive a car.

Tell me about another restaurant that has killed someone with their food and survived. Dunce.

I suspect a vast number of HK'er dies within a week of eating at a restaurant given how often they eat out. Linking the death discussed above to the restaurant is another matter entirely, given it happened AFTER she had been discharged from hospital for the food poisoning. Perhaps blaming the hospital or an underlying illness might be fairer?

How many people die from flu after contracting it in a restaurant/bus/office/MTR or any other place where people gather? Does that mean we should all stay inside?

Ludicrous statement. Life has risks. That Dan Ryan article highlighted it was their first ever case of food poisoning. That makes me more likely to want to eat there, not less. Other places have this regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I suspect a vast number of HK'er dies within a week of eating at a restaurant given how often they eat out. Linking the death discussed above to the restaurant is another matter entirely, given it happened AFTER she had been discharged from hospital for the food poisoning. Perhaps blaming the hospital or an underlying illness might be fairer?

How many people die from flu after contracting it in a restaurant/bus/office/MTR or any other place where people gather? Does that mean we should all stay inside?

Ludicrous statement. Life has risks. That Dan Ryan article highlighted it was their first ever case of food poisoning. That makes me more likely to want to eat there, not less. Other places have this regularly!
    You have no idea what you are talking about. There were several cases and an investigation. Dan Ryan's killed one woman and hospitalized several others. That is a fact.

I heard Rooster poisoning is very nasty

You have no idea what you are talking about. There were several cases and an investigation. Dan Ryan's killed one woman and hospitalized several others. That is a fact.
    The restaurant was inspected and passed. FACT. The salmonella came from US turkeys. As far as I am aware Dan Ryans were not found liable.

WRONG

WRONG
    I could well be, I don't worry about these things. Enlighten me then.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:

In this case it did come out that it was the imported American products used in the Thanksgiving meal that were the source of the food poisoning. I think 50 people fell ill.

Don't think the restaurant needs to be constantly shamed by random passersby as Rooster suggests.
    shri likes this.

Buses are for poor people. I drive a car.

Tell me about another restaurant that has killed someone with their food and survived. Dunce.
    assuming you drives a lexus. please prove to the world that lexus has not killed any single one person globally in the last 10 years.
    and why are you still driving it ?
    HK_Katherine and Kowloon Goon like this.