Like Tree11Likes

Anthony's Ranch - Reopened (12/2019)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anthony's Ranch - Reopened (12/2019)

In recent weeks I have tried to go to Anthony’s Ranch a few times for my periodic burger lunch fix. But the shutter was down every time.

At first I thought they were on a CNY break, but there was no sign letting us know anything, and they have not reopened.

The decorations are still outside, but they remain closed. Does anyone know if this is a permanent closure?

-Spode

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    seems the place is cursed
    The place was nice enough but man, was it high fat and high salt! There isnt much on that menu that is "healthy"

I'm guessing the owner also indulged in plenty of his own offerings.
    RIP - he will be missed, a nice guy.
    markranson likes this.

The steak sandwich is (was) pretty good. The owner seemed like a really nice guy.

local resident tells me it was closed for months already
    even the sign Opening Soon disappeared

Sad. I do miss it already. Now I need to find a new place for a good burger plate with chips and pickle and cole slaw. One that may be busy but is is not mobbed on weekends.

Probably need to go to Central or Wanchai - one reason I liked the Ranch is that I could take a 2-hour walk down to there before eating...

Recommendations welcome :-)

-Spode

I think your only option these days in Sai Kung, now that the Hong Kong Burger Company which was the best Burger place to date, closed a couple of years ago in sk square, now you've just got Burger Deli located in post office alley, which is just a hole in the wall sort of deal with a couple of outdoor tables and chairs, not sure if they ever did or do coleslaw.

Jaspa's in the same square, might do a sit down burger as the same restaurant group (Castello group ) owned, The Hong Kong Burger Company. They serve salads, chips and alcohol. Ask them, they're pretty accommodating.

http://casteloconcepts.com/our-venues/piccolo039s piccolo does a very good burger on a timber board for about $125, the last time I was there. again, part of the Castello group. quite substantial, you should like it and they serve alcohol, salads and chips.

Last edited by Skyhook; 04-03-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    spode likes this.

I was told that there’s an issue with licensing. IE, renewal requires Blair’s signature. It was pointed out to the authorities that he has sadly died, but that wasn’t good enough. His signature is required. Since that’s not possible, they now have to go through the entire licensing process again. That’s what I was told, anyway. If true, I’m not sure any small business could survive this, given that the landlord will want his rent. Very sad.

Jeez. If that story is true (and it wouldn’t suprise me one bit) a perfect example of Hong Kong’s “rules are rules” idiocy.

chuckster007 and markranson like this.

His surname was Sweet and he married a lady named Candy? And now her name is Candy Sweet?

(Sad situation for her and her son...)

chuckster007 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast